The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Any Gophers around here?

I like stackexchange for coding issues/questions ...
try a google search like this>>> site:stackexchange.com golang

go lang is short for google language (I guess Google developed it) I have seen it used in crypto/blockchain in the past
golang was not recognizable to me as a C based language syntax immediately it looked more like python or java
I started learning RUST a C based compiled language that made sense to me easily --but I was working with a very good Kindle book that was written for n00bs all examples. You may want to look at what's in Kindle. You want a 'cookbook' if you have a decent grasp of the syntax and the operators ...

The problem with new or seldom used languages is the community support --its almost nonexistent

Never heard of it but the name is catchy and interesting. I'm going to give it a quick look up. :)

Yes,
... GoLang is short for google language (I guess Google developed it)...

You guessed correctly, Go was originally developed by google for internal uses. then Google decided to publicly release in March 2012.

Go is widely used in production at Google and in many other organizations and open-source projects. Docker, Kubernetes, Dropbox ...

Some good points of Go:

This stuff was copied from wikipedia :p

Go is supported by Google, it is very documented, and well maintained.

I started learning Go in past 3 months, and it been some how easy to work with and make small code. I studied some C and C++ back in University. But Go is way simpler and straight forward. Not like C where if you missed to void. you will have memory leak and unwanted headache :p

It's great for server applications and can handle tons of traffic with ease. It's built-in net/http package lets you easily start a server that can handle thousands of concurrent requests.

Python can too, Node.js can too, PHP can even spin its own server -- almost EVERY interpreter language has an HTTP server module. So I don't see the point ... Just a duplicative effort ...

Commercial installations use Apache or Nginix with php-fpm because there is a labor pool of competent developers. Why reinvent the wheel when you need a PROVEN secure webserver that you can find many developers familiar with?

How many Lambo or Ferrari mechanics are there and how many mechanics can work on you BMW or Cadillac? Same issue in the IT business. Same as SQL MySQL v. CouchDB or even PostgreSQL (actually on of the best GNU) ...

MI
Back