The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Anchors...

CotashCatcher

affiliate
Well, I've tried to figure out with anchors and how do the affect on SEO, but I can't. Maybe you can help with advice on what ratio of anchor types to have? And does it depend on the focus of the site?

I would try using a server-side rewrite
base_URL/page.html#anchor -> base_URL/pagename/anchorname 301;

I haven't seen that many html#anchor SERPs for some time

say your page has a list
numbered 1 thru 10
you could create a contents menu
& internal link with <a> tag
==> to each h2 heading in your list
this can appear in serps as featured snippet
get you more traffic from seo

Anchor links are on-page links as compared to internal links being those to other pages on the same domain.

I use anchor links from topic titles (top of page) to move over a long page with distinct sections of content for that topic.

Not to spam search engines.

The exception being for a CTA button/image link to a form on the same page (like: buy or subscribe).
define spam pls

Anchor links are on-page links as compared to internal links being those to other pages on the same domain.

I use anchor links from topic titles (top of page) to move over a long page with distinct sections of content for that topic.

Not to spam search engines.

The exception being for a CTA button/image link to a form on the same page (like: buy or subscribe).

Anchors can be a bit confusing when it comes to SEO. It's best to have a mix of branded, generic, and keyword-rich anchors. The exact ratio can depend on the focus of your site and the type of content you have.
As for advice, one strategy is to prioritize branded anchors for your internal linking, as this can help establish your brand and improve your site's authority. For external links, it's a good idea to vary your anchor text to avoid appearing spammy or manipulative to search engines.
That's whereCrowdo Links comes in - they specialize in creating natural, organic backlinks that can help boost your site's authority and visibility. So if you want to improve your site's SEO and drive more organic traffic, check them out. Best of luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
The ratio of anchor types and their impact on SEO can vary depending on the focus of your website and your specific goals. However, it is generally recommended to have a diverse mix of anchor types, including branded anchors (using your website or company name), exact match anchors (using your target keywords), and natural anchors (using generic phrases or variations). This balanced approach can help create a more natural and organic backlink profile, which is beneficial for SEO. It's important to avoid excessive use of exact match anchors, as this can be seen as manipulative by search engines. Ultimately, the ideal anchor ratio will depend on your specific website and the SEO strategy you have in place.

# is dropped as a fragment now? by SE indexing robots?
I only see some legacy technical documents appearing in serps today with the #anchor used.

Use HTML elements for deceptive purposes you end up red flagged --same with some CSS --algorithms today detect that ...

banners
Back