The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

An affiliate with just a landing page?

AffiliateGamer

affiliate
I can't really buy multiple domains at the moment, so i'm wondering if one .com or .net domain for a landing page would be alright, then make backlinks through places like squidoo and boomark sites...would that work? I could make a blog, but it would have to be free, really. Would this be ok?

Thanks.

The easiest way would be to buy a generic .com

Then use subdomains

loans.xyz.com
acai.xyz.com
software.xyz.com

Landing Pages

You could just use squidoo, hubpages or weebly as your landing pages and they are free plus you can get adsense share and make money from squidoo as well! HTH :)

You could just use squidoo, hubpages or weebly as your landing pages and they are free plus you can get adsense share and make money from squidoo as well! HTH :)

Weebly is the only one of those I would recommend. The others take a cut of your earnings and have a LOT of page leak.

Try weebly and if it's working, exercise the option to buy the .com domain name.

Are we talking a PPC landing page?

If so you can't use any of the free options like squidoo and hubpages that have leaks all over, like Rob said. You'll lose your shirt!

Plus I agree with Rob's generic .com domain with subdomains strategy if you can only afford one domain and ideally if the topics are somewhat related.

"I could make a blog, but it would have to be free, really. Would this be ok?"

Sure if you already have the domain - Wordpress is #1 and it's totally free.

Taking a cut of earnings? If the module is amazon (or whatever you choose) through them then yes, if it's your own affiliate links from other programs then no. (they'd have no way to do that!)

Anyways whatever you choose good luck and keep us informed!! : )

well i've got another question...

I'm sort of confused as to how you're supposed to set up your squidoo/blog and everything to support your landing page(and ultimately, the product you're selling). Won't people mistrust you if you're using your blog and suddenly ask to buy something? Ugh, i just don't know.

Sounds like you are product focused? Which means you've picked a product as opposed to a niche. Then you write about the product, write a review, tips on how to use and articles people who would be interested in the product would be interested in.

Typically though people pick a NICHE and write about the niche. Then add links to products people in that niche would find HELPFUL!

So lets say your niche is camping. You blog is about camping and you tell stories about camping and review camping spots. This content is what draws campers to you and makes them want to visit and read your blog. As you write CONVERSATIONALLY about camping you insert things you think would interest people with a HELPFUL link.

"Coleman just came out with this great new stove that can do XYZ."

"Talk about relaxing - check out this hammock - I want one!"

Does that help and make sense with what you are trying to do?

There are so many different styles depending on the niche and product. When you are product focused sometimes the content is just a full on sales pitch.

But if you are niche blogging you don't always have to do a lot of preselling. You can think of it as HELPING people and showing them cool thing you think they'd be interested in. So it's more of a soft sell.

So, you're blog can be your landing page? I was just confused about that, i guess. I'm trying to find a niche i believe i could actually be interested in and write about with an audience that actually wants to buy related items. It's just so hard.

Have you ever written a blog about something you didn't know anything about before the idea came to you? How long are your blog posts in general, and how often?

Hi AffiliateGamer,
I have seen many blogs written by people who had no clue about their subject, or who just copied from other sites, made a few changes, and claimed the article as their own.
BUT - they usualy don't last, surfers do recognise good writers in the long run.
As for your other questions - many bloggers use their blogs as a way to drive trffic and sell, many blogs were originated with that idea in mind.
Last but not least, we offer full site templates for affiliates who only have a domain, and I'm sure we're not the only one's that are offering this

I agree with maymorgano and Linda totally. It would be better if you choose a niche that you are comfortable talking about because it will come easier for you in the long run, you'll enjoy it more and have a better understanding of your audience..who you are writing for. To quote Linda "But if you are niche blogging you don't always have to do a lot of preselling. You can think of it as HELPING people and showing them cool thing you think they'd be interested in. So it's more of a soft sell." This will be the end result! As for frequency of posts in the beginning some say everyday to 3-5 times per week until your blog is a little more established. Post length can very, try mixing it with pillar post (300-500 word theme post) and some shorter ones.

banners
Back