The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Amazon Tips

4x4gal

affiliate
I've had a store on Amazon for almost a year now. It didn't become profitable until about 2 months ago. So I've actually lost money for about 8 consecutive months lol.

I knew it had potential I just had to figure out how to stop the bleeding!

So I wanted to post some tips for you all so that you can avoid the pain and start making money on amazon.

? You HAVE to find a product that is not plastered all over amazon. Most drop shippers have people already marketing their products. If more than one person has the same product it becomes a price war and both parties keep lowering their price to get the sale. Eventually it gets to the point where you?re making $1 per sale. Definitely NOT worth it!

? Your drop shipper has to stand behind their product and pay for return shipment of damaged items. If they don?t pay for it, YOU will. The last thing you want is an unhappy customer. Amazon will close your account really fast if you get complaints.

? Your drop shipper needs to be timely. I had a few shippers that would wait weeks to ship out their products. I ended up sending out a bunch of free items because people had to wait so long. Maybe I?m just a big softy.. but if they don?t ship it, don?t work for them!

? Don?t stretch yourself too thin.. I don?t recommend having more than 200 products on Amazon. When I started I had 3,000 products on there because I thought Id make more. WRONG! With that many products you can?t keep up with what the manufacturer has in stock. I got in trouble real fast because Id get a purchase and then find out there was not stock. If you cancel too many orders amazon will close you down. Not to mention, your clients won?t be happy and you won?t make money on amazon.

? When uploading your products double check EVERYTHING. I can?t tell you how many times I lost money because I forgot to put a zero in or I just flat out put the wrong price in because I was in a hurry. Some clients got some REAL cheap stuff from me haha.

? If you make a mistake, you pay for it. The re-peat client is worth it and you?ll feel better for doing the right thing.

? Create a website for each product line. Its free through amazon. Don?t compile all your products onto one website. When I started I put all my 3000 products onto one website haha. Don?t do it!

Thanks Dana,

So you have your own store on Amazon? A drop ship store? Interesting. I've never had anyone here talk about owning an Amazon store. When I saw Amazon tips, I just assumed they would be affiliate tips.

Thanks so much for sharing the info with our members. Sounds like some very good advice!

Howdy! I have a dropship store. I did stock some of my own products at one point but I found that drop shipping was much much easier and affordable.

I have been a member of whatdoisell for a few years (as I also have had an ebay store) and I can say this is solid advise. I am going to add one more key tip, ESPECIALLY if you go the dropshipping route.

You need to keep a few of EVERY item you dropship. You will run into supply issues at some point, and the last thing you want to do is go pay retail (or not be able to find the item) to make a customer happy. This safety net can save you plenty of headaches later on.

I also agree with the store idea with sticking to one product line. I run a few A-Stores and they have the same format.

Hi Dana and thanks for the tips. Been considering having a store but seems to me like a full time thing. Please correct me if I am wrong
Trick is to find a reliable supplier

Howdy! It doesn't have to be full time but it can be if you dont set it up right. When I first started I put waay too much time into fixing problems. But now its pretty easy. I just fill orders as they come in

Hi Dana,

Like Linda, I also thought this would be Amazon affiliate tips which I am very familiar with.

But I am not familiar with the type of store you describe. I am curious do you think a lot of sellers are drop shippers on Amazon? Amazon provides free websites?

This is all great info. Do you have any recommendations on what to look at to learn more?

Just another thought...wouldn't it be less of a headache to just be an affiliate and sell more product to make as much money?

MI
Back