The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Amazon Associates Question

OscarMike

Hi everyone, I recently registered as an Amazon Associates affiliate.

In their Operating Agreement Participation Guidelines, Amazon forbids its affiliates to use transitional page ads. Can you please explain what this means? Are they referring to pages that have a javascript timer on it that redirects the visitor to Amazon after a certain period of time (eg 5 seconds)?

Heres' what Amazon officially says: "As stated in the Operating Agreement Participation Guidelines, we do not allow Associates to use pop-up or pop-under windows, transitional page ads, or layer ads around or in conjunction with the display of any site that is not your site to drive traffic to Amazon.com."

Thanks

This? Redirected to their website?

Thanks Graybeard. That's a helpful link. I have another question. When I read Amazon's rules about transition pages, I had trouble interpreting it correctly. Does Amazon forbid all transition pages? Or just ones that aren't located on a site that's mine? What if the transition page is located on my site, which I have listed as one of my sites that promotes Amazon? I have 1 site inside my Associates dashboard. Would that type of transition page be ok?

Thanks

Does Amazon forbid all transition pages?

YES!

What they want is for you to host a site with dedicated pages for the purpose of pre-selling the product(s), as I recall. It's been a while since I did the Amazon thing, but more or less this has always been a policy there.

They are intent on eliminating any "intrusive" or "subversive" means by which some marketers present (or represent) the company, vendors, and/or products.

They want you to play the game "straight".

MI
Back