The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Affiliate Site Up and Running But Where to Go from Here?

mrbry

affiliate
Hello everyone,

Here’s where I’m at:
  • Found a low competition niche with decent search volume
  • Created simple affiliate site with about 9 products and signed up with Amazon Associates
  • Did on-site SEO using Yoast SEO plugin for Wordpress
  • Created a few backlinks through blog comments and forum signatures
  • Made several articles and posted them to my site
  • Submitted the first of my articles to Reddit and StumbleUpon
I guess right now I’m trying to figure out where to go from here…

Should I continue on with social bookmarking sites? I was thinking about 10 sites or so but this number is off the top of my head. I heard you have to do these right by making sure they’re, relevant, completely filling out your profile, not just posting your own content, and interacting with the site. Hmm, it seems like I may be spreading my time a little thin with 10 sites.

Or should I just use a few social bookmarking sites and start investing time in social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, ect? Does creating social media accounts for such a simple make sense?

Thanks!

I would say build more diverse links: Social Bookmarks, Social Network, Article Submission, Blog Comments. Also running, for example, GSA is a good idea to build more links in order to increase your visibility.

Make sure that your link building is all about making the backlink portfolio look natural. Junk appears in any real site, so try to look natural with imitations. Do not risk over optimization with junk links.

Smart advice ,get an autoresponder and put an optin on your site to colect eamil leads .Create a good relation with your list and in this way you are not dependent on seo traffic as it very paintful .I think you should register on as many groups as you can on facebook and when you post a new article post it on all groups .In this way you will get some traffic and also some leads

Are you trying to make this an organic traffic site?

You know, there is no reliable way to target your traffic this way?

Paid traffic is the only reliable way to get the traffic you need to properly monetize the site with immediate results. Otherwise, this will take you many months to get any type of monetization and still won't produce as it will with paid traffic.

Are you trying to make this an organic traffic site?

You know, there is no reliable way to target your traffic this way?

Paid traffic is the only reliable way to get the traffic you need to properly monetize the site with immediate results. Otherwise, this will take you many months to get any type of monetization and still won't produce as it will with paid traffic.

I started following Jay Wessman aka 'lazy ass stoner'. He basically would go through around 20 social bookmarking sites and just create a link and profile and move on. He would also create a 1-page blog sites like HubPages and Weebly, leave a link and move on to the next. He is also really big on using Pinterest, Reddit, and Tumbler.

This is what I started to do recently... I started to create social bookmarking sites and HubPages and Weebly then read about backlinks in 2017. I went 'oh shit' deleted my HubPages and Weebly and all my social bookmarks where I just submitted a link and moved on.

In 2017 it sounds like:

1) social bookmarking still works but you have to make sure they're relevant, completely fill out your profile, not just post your own content, and interacting with the site
2) you can use PBN but this is now considered gray hat and requires much strategy
3) Pinterest and Reddit in particular are still fine to use
4) Tumbler is questionable

I guess I was trying to follow a modified version of Jay's strategy:

1) create links on social bookmarking sites but do maybe 10 and do them right
2) stay away from PBN stuff
3) Build up a Pinterest account and submit a few articles to Reddit
4) stay away from Tumbler for now until I look into it further

Then I started with 1) on my modified version and went 'oh shit' this is taking a lot of time.

My version 3 strategy has evolved to:
1) create 2 or 3 high quality bookmarking links
2) submit articles to sites like StumbleUpon and Reddit
3) Build up social media accounts like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest.

So I guess I am trying to get organic traffic by implementing version 3. My question is: "what do you think of version 3? Does it make sense to build up social media sites for such a simple affiliate site?

banners
Back