The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Affiliate Marketing As A Mindset

Andy Hoang

affiliate
Hi all,

My name is Andy, and I'm pretty new to AM in general and CPA in particular. I've tried my hands at other MMO methods such as dropshipping, POD, etc... Nonetheless, I think AM is very interesting as the epitome of Internet Marketing.

I can still recall hearing about AM as an alien concept just a year ago. Since then, I have self-studied and taken some courses. I realize there are a plethora of methods of AM, so long as we can deliver value to the end-customer, and do it at a scale that makes good profits for the Marketer.

I have been soaking up information and ideas from AffiliateFix for a while, but only decided to join recently as I'd like to be a part of community of Marketers "in the know."

About my experience, I have tried monetizing on an email list I have with a couple of offers from Maxbounty, but it's not been effective as there are too many invalid email addresses. Now I've learned never to use unverified email lists.

My current approach is probably to start with Adult Mobile traffic as Mr. Opulent and Tuan Vy said traffic is cheap, conversion is not so hard, and it's suitable for a beginner. As I don't have much capital at the moment, some low-payout offers of dating, diet or sweepstakes might be good to test and gain knowledge, as well as capital from.

Having some early successes may open the door for me to fund-raise from my friends and family for later activities. Therefore, just like others, I am aiming for small wins that can encourage me to embark further into this journey.

Just a few things about where I am, metaphorically speaking. Your feedback will be greatly beneficial for me at this stage, so I can go in the right direction. I'd really appreciate it if you could spend some time reminiscing about what you did when you were green behind the ears too, and give me some pointers!

Thanks a lot and Have a nice day!

Hi all,

My name is Andy, and I'm pretty new to AM in general and CPA in particular. I've tried my hands at other MMO methods such as dropshipping, POD, etc... Nonetheless, I think AM is very interesting as the epitome of Internet Marketing.

I can still recall hearing about AM as an alien concept just a year ago. Since then, I have self-studied and taken some courses. I realize there are a plethora of methods of AM, so long as we can deliver value to the end-customer, and do it at a scale that makes good profits for the Marketer.

I have been soaking up information and ideas from AffiliateFix for a while, but only decided to join recently as I'd like to be a part of community of Marketers "in the know."

About my experience, I have tried monetizing on an email list I have with a couple of offers from Maxbounty, but it's not been effective as there are too many invalid email addresses. Now I've learned never to use unverified email lists.

My current approach is probably to start with Adult Mobile traffic as Mr. Opulent and Tuan Vy said traffic is cheap, conversion is not so hard, and it's suitable for a beginner. As I don't have much capital at the moment, some low-payout offers of dating, diet or sweepstakes might be good to test and gain knowledge, as well as capital from.

Having some early successes may open the door for me to fund-raise from my friends and family for later activities. Therefore, just like others, I am aiming for small wins that can encourage me to embark further into this journey.

Just a few things about where I am, metaphorically speaking. Your feedback will be greatly beneficial for me at this stage, so I can go in the right direction. I'd really appreciate it if you could spend some time reminiscing about what you did when you were green behind the ears too, and give me some pointers!

I confused motive with objective at the beginning

My motive for affiliate marketing was freedom from the control of an employer

Take commuting - it's a total waste of time
  • 1 hour getting ready for work
  • 1 hour traveling to work
  • 1 hour lunch break
  • 1 hour traveling home from work
That's 4 wasted hours every day, 20 wasted hours every week, something like 1000 hours for the year

Then you're put into a work place of strangers who you spend the majority of your waking hours with

Some people enjoy it while others hate it

First thing was to find a way to provide a unique value to other people

If you do this consistently then you'll build an audience

That was my objective - not to make money but to solve someone else's problem

Part of the motive of freedom is money, dependent on your lifestyle

So the first milestone of success in affiliate marketing is making enough cash to pay bills

Focus on that

How much money do you need to pay bills?

Then plan how you will make that from affiliate marketing and don't stop until you win

Thanks @EuronGreyjoy for your reply!

You are absolutely right. The most important step is the next step.

I'm currently residing in a third world country so 1k/mo should be able to cover my expenses. I am lucky to be getting a low rent too. But that also means I'll need to make at least about 2k in profits to reinvest into the business as well.

I know ROI isn't the most important metric as long as the campaigns are still churning out profits. But a good overall ROI is necessary to present to potential lenders, investors even. That's a few steps removed from the here and now though. Haha.

Your sentiment regarding freedom is spot on. That's what I am aiming for myself as well. Not too much freedom that it weighs on you to make decisions, but enough to say that I am making good use of the available opportunities that life is offering at the moment.

In a way, I see AM like being a match maker, trying to connect the right offers to the right audience. It seems essential to build one's own audience too. That means building an email list. I am still unsure about keeping the recipients engaged for the long run though. That's a big question in my mind as well.

WELCOME ABOARD ...
thumbsup.png

━━━●──────────────
  • Finding offers with a good value proposition I think is the key to seeing a decent return.
  • Adult mobile traffic is cheap but it's mainly freeloaders on tube sites :p
    Still, with the right 'free or very low cost' type of offer it may be monetized.
  • Use a verifying script or service to scrub the invalid email addresses from any list.
Too many words :) this is an intro thread ...

WELCOME ABOARD ...
thumbsup.png

━━━●──────────────
  • Finding offers with a good value proposition I think is the key to seeing a decent return.
  • Adult mobile traffic is cheap but it's mainly freeloaders on tube sites :p
    Still, with the right 'free or very low cost' type of offer it may be monetized.
  • Use a verifying script or service to scrub the invalid email addresses from any list.
Too many words :) this is an intro thread ...

Thanks @Graybeard for your response!

I already learned something new from your message

May I ask, if you were to start anew today, where would you start and why?

Hi Andy,
I'm just starting out, like you are. But I do have a head start in AM as my boss started out as an affiliate marketer back in 2000. He began with adult sites, cam sites etc, and then migrated from that to cannabis seed marketing. That's what I'm starting with as it's got amazing conversion and you can do well as a beginner.

Info for sourcing cannabis seeds is info people need as they don't necessarily know where to find cannabis seeds, especially which companies will ship to their country. Average order is $100-200 USD and average commission is 20% on orders paid and shipped. People buy cannabis seeds all over the world.

Hi Andy,
I'm just starting out, like you are. But I do have a head start in AM as my boss started out as an affiliate marketer back in 2000. He began with adult sites, cam sites etc, and then migrated from that to cannabis seed marketing. That's what I'm starting with as it's got amazing conversion and you can do well as a beginner.

Info for sourcing cannabis seeds is info people need as they don't necessarily know where to find cannabis seeds, especially which companies will ship to their country. Average order is $100-200 USD and average commission is 20% on orders paid and shipped. People buy cannabis seeds all over the world.

Nice stats
Is that only a US thing or can you (legally) ship internationally?

Hi all,

Hi there, Andy! Welcome to the club! Glad that you've decided to join us after so much reading :)

If you wanna work in the adult niche, I can offer you to try our traffic tracker, it perfectly fits adult niche needs! IF you are interested — you can contact me and I'll tell you more about Trackwill. Also check us out on official website :)

And enjoy your time!

We have 6 merchants. All offer worldwide shipping from Vancouver, BC or across the USA from Los Angeles. One of our merchants is the largest seed company in N America.

Imagine you need a lot of knowledge and experience in that niche is it?

it's got amazing conversion and you can do well as a beginner.
This is quite interesting, thanks for sharing! Are you working as an affiliate for these cannabis companies through an affiliate network or are you approaching these companies directly?
Really great payouts wow. Is this regarding ordering the seeds or ordering the cannabis strain that was produced from the specific seeds? In other words, are people ordering the final product or are they ordering the seeds? Thanks so much!

Hi Andy,

Forgot to ask the other day about traffic sources. What sort of traffic sources are you using for this type of offer? Many thanks.

banners
Back