The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Advise Needed on Tracking Solution

Edward Thiel

affiliate
Hey Guys,
So here's the deal, I have a website (not a squeeze page) that people can navigate and I have offers from various affiliate networks. Below is an attempt to explain the structure of the website:
TrackingProblem.png

So I am basically promoting offers from different affiliate networks on different sections of the website. I am also using different channels like PPC, Email Marketing, Media buy & Social Media.

I obviously want to track the ROI of my campaigns but also know which offers from which affiliate networks are doing better on the different traffic sources.

In a nutshell, I need to be able to
1) Attribute conversions to organic traffic (some solutions do not cover this properly)
2) Attribute conversions to traffic from emails
3) Attribute conversions for folks who may not have converted on their first visit but through a later email, to the specific email campaign that generated the conversion.
4) Be able to post-back conversion data to the different affiliate networks for 2 step conversions: Leads & Sales
5) Be able to rotate offer links based on variables like country.
5) Have lighting fast redirects

Any advise from you guys would be most welcome and also common problems that you encountered using setups of this kind. Thanks a lot,
Eddie.

1) Attribute conversions to organic traffic (some solutions do not cover this properly)

Tracking organic is very difficult and mostly impossible to be accurate.

2) Attribute conversions to traffic from emails

You will need to embed some code in the email and you will need an email platform that supports it.

3) Attribute conversions for folks who may not have converted on their first visit but through a later email, to the specific email campaign that generated the conversion.

You will require a separate embedded code for each email in order to identify the email that converted. This is easy to do in Google Analytics.

Another option is software like ClickMeter, ClearSlide, or Campaign Monitor.

4) Be able to post-back conversion data to the different affiliate networks for 2 step conversions: Leads & Sales
5) Be able to rotate offer links based on variables like country.
5) Have lighting fast redirects

Most any of the prime trackers can do this.

You should also be tracking open rates with SPF and SenderID and/ or DKIM and DomainKeys.

@T J Tutor
Thanks for the info, I am already doing that. Wanted basically to know which tracker would be best for the job given the requirements and if you guys have any preference with regards to the prime trackers.

Voluum, AdsBridge, Thrive, Tracking Desk, BEVO, all will do the job. There are plenty of others in the resources area as well.

Thrive is the best solution for this as we've got users pretty much doing the exact setup you've mentioned.

Our landing page pixel feature will track all the organic visits and any other traffic from other traffic sources can be tracked through redirects.

Our Cloud Service also has the fastest redirects for global worldwide traffic anywhere. We have hundreds of click tracking servers in all AWS data centers, so your redirects are as fast as possible.

Please contact our support and we'll definitely help you get going.

Edward Thiel, you can't use adsbridge or Voluum for organic traffic. You can use TrackingDesk for organic traffic tracking and conversions from it. @T J Tutor already told you everything. If you want more specific comparison then check my new post on tracking software comparison which i have posted on my blog.

Hello!
AdsBridge can handle points 4,5, and 6, as TJ wrote above. Our redirect speeds are very high, seeing as we have centers on all continents :)

Contact our support at support@adsbridge.com for help setting up:)

-Zach

That blog post is great by the way. I know Voluum is really popular on here, but its nice to see comparisons with Adsbridge and Tracking Desk
Thanks. Glad you liked it. Voluum is not only popular here but also everywhere. If you check spy tools, then you can see voluum is used by maximum number of affiliates. But other tracker is gaining its popularity with more updates and features. Right now, I am testing Adsbridge and Trackingdesk. Had a chat with Laurent from TrackingDesk and I am testing how it is working organic traffic.

Last edited:
Thanks @internalsoul for the note and vote of confidence.

Organic traffic is quite a problematic aspect of tracking, since the visitors dont hit a campaign URL before reaching the landing page/site. The organic/seo tracking feature that we provide allows affiliates to track hits on the site, CTA's to advertisers as
well as conversion funnels.

Additionally, to make things even easier, once you've configured the "organic" campaign for your site, the offers, the flows etc... you can simply duplicate the campaign and associate it with any other traffic source you drive traffic from, and no other settings will have to be updated.

Then, if you want to buy traffic for a specific page within your site - a blog post or so - you can simply add this page as a landing page in Trackingdesk and associate it with the offers running on this page. The rest is being tracked automatically.

Let us know if you have any questions or need some help getting on board.

Thanks. Glad you liked it. Voluum is not only popular here but also everywhere. If you check spy tools, then you can see voluum is used by maximum number of affiliates. But other tracker is gaining its popularity with more updates and features. Right now, I am testing Adsbridge and Trackingdesk. Had a chat with Laurent from TrackingDesk and I am testing how it is working organic traffic.

Not wanting to Hijack the thread but...

How have you found the LP hosting with Adsbridge? Have you used it?
I have spoken to a couple of people using Adsbridge and very few have actually used this feature. Looking how fast Adsbridge are improving, I imagine they are working hard on their load times etc? I just have yet to find any proper comparison between self hosted, CDN and Adsbridge.

Not wanting to Hijack the thread but...

How have you found the LP hosting with Adsbridge? Have you used it?
I have spoken to a couple of people using Adsbridge and very few have actually used this feature. Looking how fast Adsbridge are improving, I imagine they are working hard on their load times etc? I just have yet to find any proper comparison between self hosted, CDN and Adsbridge.
I don't use hosted landing page. I always use self hosted landing pages as i have lots of freedom, can customise according to my needs. All of my landing pages are hosted on cloud servers so that i get the maximum speed for my landers. I can do a comparison on by blog later.

Would be interested to read that if you have the time.
Adsbridge are a big company and wouldnt bother with a feature if it wasnt comparable - or so you would think?
But I have yet to find any metrics on it. It might not be as good as say a dedicated CDN, but if its as good as self hosted, then I would think its a viable choice.

I can't speak for adsbridge obviously, but it seems that it's a pretty cool feature.

Yet, I think there are some pretty cool companies providing amazing landing page builders, that will not only allow youto build your landing pages in a very easy way, but will provide additional features that are crucial to anyone serious about conversion rate/optimization.
Instapage for instance
- you can build multiple variations: quite useful when you want to test different messages
- integrated with plenty of email providers: ex- mailchimp - super easy to integrate.
- you can add youg google analytics - which is very useful if want to build audiences for retargeting purposes.
- and quite a few other features, that come handy when trying to squeeze out as much as possible from your traffic.

We wrote a post recently about integration between Trackingdesk, instapage, mailchimp and facebook which allows in a few clicks to :
- send traffic to multiple variations of landing pages
- collect leads into your mailchimp account
- push those leads into a facebook audience
- and obviously track the entire funnel / conversions

http://trackingdesk.com/blog/2016/09/07/ultimate-affiliate-tools-resources/

So having a landing page builder in your tracking sofltware is a nice thing to have, but having the ability to integrate with additional platforms that you work with in a seamless way, is an other story and provides a lot of agility.

I can't speak for adsbridge obviously, but it seems that it's a pretty cool feature.

Yet, I think there are some pretty cool companies providing amazing landing page builders, that will not only allow youto build your landing pages in a very easy way, but will provide additional features that are crucial to anyone serious about conversion rate/optimization.
Instapage for instance
- you can build multiple variations: quite useful when you want to test different messages
- integrated with plenty of email providers: ex- mailchimp - super easy to integrate.
- you can add youg google analytics - which is very useful if want to build audiences for retargeting purposes.
- and quite a few other features, that come handy when trying to squeeze out as much as possible from your traffic.

We wrote a post recently about integration between Trackingdesk, instapage, mailchimp and facebook which allows in a few clicks to :
- send traffic to multiple variations of landing pages
- collect leads into your mailchimp account
- push those leads into a facebook audience
- and obviously track the entire funnel / conversions

The Ultimate Affiliate Tools and How to Maximize Their Integrations
http://trackingdesk.com/blog/2016/09/07/ultimate-affiliate-tools-resources/

So having a landing page builder in your tracking sofltware is a nice thing to have, but having the ability to integrate with additional platforms that you work with in a seamless way, is an other story and provides a lot of agility.

And thats why I am on the fence for a tracker.

Adsbridge has the LP feature, which I like, for pure ease and I am a fan of having everything in one place. I am sure I have asked the question a couple of times on here, but not even adsbridge have given me info on the LP feature.

And literally every person I know who has had dealings with Tracking Desk speaks very highly about it. The other thing is that every post I see from Laurent is brilliant. For a CEO to take the time to be involved in a forum speaks volumes to me. Check out his blog, its great too.

I don't use hosted landing page. I always use self hosted landing pages as i have lots of freedom, can customise according to my needs. All of my landing pages are hosted on cloud servers so that i get the maximum speed for my landers. I can do a comparison on by blog later.

It bugged me not knowing the answer, so I emailed Adsbridge last night and got this back

We have 5 data centers worldwide (Asia, America, Europe, etc), high-speed DNS and geo-balancing that delivers traffic via the shortest routes, so there won't be any problem with redirects and their speed if you use AdsBridge LP builder.

So in theory, its a good feature. Needs testing though.

Yeah, the best way to tell is to test it out. Since i use self-hosted landing page, so it would be inappropriate to comment on adsbridge hosted landers speed. Would love your feedback after your testing.
It bugged me not knowing the answer, so I emailed Adsbridge last night and got this back
So in theory, its a good feature. Needs testing though.

MI
Back