“mobile”/ Voluum
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Adult Banners Journey

Discussion in 'Follow Alongs and Online Journeys' started by TrafficYoda, Sep 3, 2018.

1. TrafficYoda

TrafficYoda Affiliate affiliate

2. CPA Evolution
  3. Graybeard

Graybeard Well-Known Member affiliate

The $3 range is the best I have seen with cams $5 with dating. Tier 1 countries. I have never bothered with it for reason of the low pay-out.

((120000*.0025)/5*3)/120
    120K banners at a 0.0025% CTR; assuming 1:5 (20%) will convert @$3 pay-out; will make you $100
    **in an even more perfect world :rolleyes:

How much are you going to pay per CPM?
    What is the CTR going to be?
    What is the CR going to be?
    Market affinity and customer acquisition value (CLV - customer lifetime value) matter a lot.
    Lastly, the quality of the media and the network matter.

Have you found someone (ad network) with PPC/CPC on banners?
    ((120000*.0025)*.02)*3
    (120000*.0025)*.06

You will break even at US $0.06 CPC @ $3 PPL
    That's a 2% CR
    That is what we averaged with adult cams on free registrations -- worst case scenario?
    50K to 80K popunders per day :eek:

4. erikgyepes

erikgyepes Affiliate affiliate

Well, these are people who clicked, so you will follow them and make them to click again and possible convert :)

5. TrafficYoda

I pay per CPC around 0.04 for testing
    on white zone i'm testing higher bidding up to 0.07 seeing if i can bring more traffic thus higher earnings
    Payout is 2$
    CR is around 1.5~2%

6. Anthony.

Anthony. Affiliate affiliate

Hey, didn't see my notification for the tag - but read this thread and seen it anyway.

I've never tried banners/adult but I guess the concept is all the same.
    Fluctuations in conversions I agree with Graybeard, offer, traffic, days of the week etc
    I also started taking a strategic approach with using simple math to judge if a payout is too low or expects too high cr% to keep in-funnel with current stats etc.

This is going good, stick at it - it's showing signs of potential, just keep improving.

You should take a systematic approach, like "checkpoints" as I was advised previously by @Stephen ThriveTracker
    Since then, I've always had a system and it works like a charm - always improving it of course the more I learn.

Are you doing many A/B tests? - Offers, Landers, Headlines(if any) etc

Also, would these traffic sources have an algorithm - try tweaking the working banners, flip horizontally/tweak saturation etc. Not sure about banner ads, but doing that in native freshens it up in the algo!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    Stephen ThriveTracker likes this.
  7. Graybeard

Take your old values and add (a theoretical) one dollar (more) to the conversion payout. Would that make you in the Green? Be at a profit?

Anthony. likes this.
  8. TrafficYoda

what exactly is this system?
    Like i do have ideas on how i want to blacklist and whitelist
    is that what you mean?

I keep try to find more banners with better CR, and CTR
    AB testing a lot of offers, but as adult traffic easily gets bored of an offer, I try to keep a few rotating.

I like your idea of flipping, i'll do that right now thank you for that awesome tip.

they do have auto bidding zone blocking system. which i am using after specific spend without conversion i block them automatically.

Anthony. likes this.
  9. TrafficYoda

Yes, I do!
    right now my payout is 2.05$
    +1 dollar and I go green
    so i guess i really need to find higher payout offer
    or try to increase my CR% on the banners.

10. Graybeard

Good point; pounding the same traffic with the same offer will yield diminishing returns over time.

Have you ever considered that the sites that you are blacklisting are playing traffic arbitrage and may be a source of a high ratio of new users?

This is why you need advertiser domains (ids) to work with. I can check domains as to the bounce rates -- the bounce rate is generally related to the amount of advertising and the number of new users.

Perhaps, what is thought of as *bad sites* for ads are really not so bad for reaching new traffic?

11. Anthony.

Anthony. Affiliate affiliate

Your own system basically taking a fresh campaign to profit in specific steps, as you run more campaigns, this system will be tweaked slightly until it's a solid proven one, then you just stick to that to take any campaign to profit - well, that's the ideal situation - always improving mine still

12. Certified
    Stephen ThriveTracker

Stephen ThriveTracker Active Member Certified Vendor Service Manager affiliate

Hey there @TrafficYoda

Your journey is pretty exciting, and the buzz here in this feed is awesome to see. When I spoke with @NeverGiveUp, we talked a lot about setting some different goals to help determine how and when to start scaling the media buys for his campaigns. The toughest part about this is first finding consistent profitability. Even profiting a dollar each day is a victory that you can celebrate, and everything up until then is a constant struggle of testing vs adjusting.

Some questions to ask yourself along the way:
    - Offers
    Does my offer pay enough to cover my conversion expenses?
    Does my offer have enough cap available to scale up when my success comes through?
    What are my options for backup offers?​
    - Landing Pages
    Do my landing pages sell the offer properly?
    What else can I do on my landing page to potentially earn a return on this visitor?​
    - Traffic
    Does where I'm buying my traffic make sense for my offer? (ex: page placement, banner content vs page content, which devices or browsers are clicking on my banners, etc)
    Who are the top three traffic sources for this campaign, and how does their performance compare? ​

These are just some of the questions to be asking, and this is where @NeverGiveUp is mentioning the idea of checkpoints. It's so important to set some various limitations on your tests when you're finding what works and doesn't work. YES, you have to spend money in order to make money here, but spending too much money on a campaign that isn't selling is no longer good business practice, it's just gambling and hoping for a positive result to come about.

I've seen plenty of very successful affiliates mention various opinions on budgets for testing campaigns. It's important to set and abide by your own definition of a good testing budget while you are figuring out your success here. I'll be following along to see your success come about!

Cheers,

13. TrafficYoda

Interesting point.
    you could be right but that's why i try to spend X amount with no conversions to lable it as bad sites.
    I don't want to kill too much new traffic

14. TrafficYoda

Ahhhh, I see....
    Yes @Graybeard was talking about that too. That I need to find a higher payout.
    I will take a good look into the data, see what needs to be done.

I can answer yes to all except on the terms of CV and Offer Payout.
    I see what i need to do

15. azgold

azgold Super Moderator Super Mod moderator affiliate

They're in church. :D:D:D

Oh, no I wouldn't do that. I've never done adult but I wouldn't do that, regardless of the vertical. I'd want to be eye-catching and original.

Sometimes, the smallest changes can make a difference. Only testing will tell, as you know.

Sorry, I'm behind in reading my alerts, didn't see this until now. Off the top of my head, I can't think of who is running adult offers with banners, though I know we've had some.

I'll keep thinking on it, maybe poke around, see if I can think of a good one to do a shout out to but you realize that the master adult marketer is already in this thread, right? @Graybeard, of course. :) Although, I'm almost positive he doesn't run banners, he knows adult and all things associated better than anyone I know.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  16. azgold

azgold Super Moderator Super Mod moderator affiliate

17. TrafficYoda

18. Shreeram Thapaliya

Shreeram Thapaliya Affiliate affiliate

amazing things you have done

TrafficYoda likes this.
  19. affmarketer101

affmarketer101 Affiliate affiliate

What network that you are using? (Sorry, I am new to adult offer)

TrafficYoda likes this.
  20. TrafficYoda

OFFER NETWORK? OR TRAFFIC?

samsul likes this.
  21. sam patra

sam patra Affiliate affiliate

both ??
    network?
    source??

I will also start a follow along on adult soon

samsul likes this.