The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Adult Banners Journey

How do i create re-targetting campaigns? i'm sure just adding pixel wouldn't do anything.
Once you add the pixel and keep running traffic to you lander/offer you will build an audience.

Then you can target this audience in another "retargeting" campaign.

Do some search on Google if you do not understand the concept fully yet :)

Normal banners are worth
6/120
.05000000000000000000/CPM
30/120
.25000000000000000000/CPM

on a $2 pay out per conversion

Your pay-out is too low.
On a rev-share basis you have to amortize the customer acquisition value (return)
Okay. so either, i need to increase my CR/CTR or find higher payout offer.
CR, CTR is all banners
Finding higher payout offers, i might need to dig around networks a bit

I prefer u speak En than in Numbers lol

oh and i'm doing cpi not reshare at least not yet

Once you add the pixel and keep running traffic to you lander/offer you will build an audience.

Then you can target this audience in another "retargeting" campaign.

Do some search on Google if you do not understand the concept fully yet :)
i'm reading exoclick's blog so i get that adding the code does the trick but i don't see an option where i can either do positive targetting or negative targetting or does exoclick do that automatically?

((120000*.0025)/20*2)

120K banners at a 0.0025% CTR; assuming 1:20 (5%) will convert @$2 pay-out; will make you $30
**in a perfect world :rolleyes:

YES.

If you do negative, that means that you exclude everyone who is in your audience and target only everyone else :D
I'll give this a test.
But what I first thought was people who see my banner but doesn't click has lower possibility to click on the better the second time so I made all my campaigns to have frequency capped as 1/24hours.

With that in mind because they SAW my offer but didn't complete how high chance do they have to complete it? Because people have reasons for not completeing in the first place.

Anyways again, i'll give this a test and let you know.

Normal banners are worth
6/120
.05000000000000000000/CPM
30/120
.25000000000000000000/CPM

on a $2 pay out per conversion

Your pay-out is too low.
On a rev-share basis you have to amortize the customer acquisition value (return)

Are you running these on mobile or desktop traffic?
Both. 1 banner does better on desktop only 1 banner does good on all
Not all Green though just at least above -30% roi so there is potential.
I don't want to blacklist too much because there isn't a lot of traffic if i do that

But what I first thought was people who see my banner but doesn't click has lower possibility to click on the better the second time so I made all my campaigns to have frequency capped as 1/24hours.
Well, these are people who clicked, so you will follow them and make them to click again and possible convert :)

The $3 range is the best I have seen with cams $5 with dating. Tier 1 countries. I have never bothered with it for reason of the low pay-out.

((120000*.0025)/5*3)/120
120K banners at a 0.0025% CTR; assuming 1:5 (20%) will convert @$3 pay-out; will make you $100
**in an even more perfect world :rolleyes:

How much are you going to pay per CPM?
What is the CTR going to be?
What is the CR going to be?
Market affinity and customer acquisition value (CLV - customer lifetime value) matter a lot.
Lastly, the quality of the media and the network matter.

Have you found someone (ad network) with PPC/CPC on banners?
((120000*.0025)*.02)*3
(120000*.0025)*.06

You will break even at US $0.06 CPC @ $3 PPL
That's a 2% CR
That is what we averaged with adult cams on free registrations -- worst case scenario?
50K to 80K popunders per day :eek:

I pay per CPC around 0.04 for testing
on white zone i'm testing higher bidding up to 0.07 seeing if i can bring more traffic thus higher earnings
Payout is 2$
CR is around 1.5~2%

Hey, didn't see my notification for the tag - but read this thread and seen it anyway.

I've never tried banners/adult but I guess the concept is all the same.
Fluctuations in conversions I agree with Graybeard, offer, traffic, days of the week etc
I also started taking a strategic approach with using simple math to judge if a payout is too low or expects too high cr% to keep in-funnel with current stats etc.

This is going good, stick at it - it's showing signs of potential, just keep improving.

You should take a systematic approach, like "checkpoints" as I was advised previously by @Stephen ThriveTracker
Since then, I've always had a system and it works like a charm - always improving it of course the more I learn.

Are you doing many A/B tests? - Offers, Landers, Headlines(if any) etc

Also, would these traffic sources have an algorithm - try tweaking the working banners, flip horizontally/tweak saturation etc. Not sure about banner ads, but doing that in native freshens it up in the algo!

Last edited:
I've always had a system and it works like a charm - always improving it of course the more I learn.

what exactly is this system?
Like i do have ideas on how i want to blacklist and whitelist
is that what you mean?

Are you doing many A/B tests? - Offers, Landers, Headlines(if any) etc
Also, would these traffic sources have an algorithm - try tweaking the working banners, flip horizontally/tweak saturation etc. Not sure about banner ads, but doing that in native freshens it up in the algo!

I keep try to find more banners with better CR, and CTR
AB testing a lot of offers, but as adult traffic easily gets bored of an offer, I try to keep a few rotating.

I like your idea of flipping, i'll do that right now thank you for that awesome tip.

they do have auto bidding zone blocking system. which i am using after specific spend without conversion i block them automatically.

Take your old values and add (a theoretical) one dollar (more) to the conversion payout. Would that make you in the Green? Be at a profit?

Yes, I do!
right now my payout is 2.05$
+1 dollar and I go green
so i guess i really need to find higher payout offer
or try to increase my CR% on the banners.

is that what you mean?

I keep try to find more banners with better CR, and CTR
AB testing a lot of offers, but as adult traffic easily gets bored of an offer, I try to keep a few rotating.

I like your idea of flipping, i'll do that right now thank you for that awesome tip.

they do have auto bidding zone blocking system. which i am using after specific spend without conversion i block them automatically.

Your own system basically taking a fresh campaign to profit in specific steps, as you run more campaigns, this system will be tweaked slightly until it's a solid proven one, then you just stick to that to take any campaign to profit - well, that's the ideal situation - always improving mine still

is that what you mean?

Hey there @TrafficYoda

Your journey is pretty exciting, and the buzz here in this feed is awesome to see. When I spoke with @NeverGiveUp, we talked a lot about setting some different goals to help determine how and when to start scaling the media buys for his campaigns. The toughest part about this is first finding consistent profitability. Even profiting a dollar each day is a victory that you can celebrate, and everything up until then is a constant struggle of testing vs adjusting.

Some questions to ask yourself along the way:
- Offers
Does my offer pay enough to cover my conversion expenses?
Does my offer have enough cap available to scale up when my success comes through?
What are my options for backup offers?​
- Landing Pages
Do my landing pages sell the offer properly?
What else can I do on my landing page to potentially earn a return on this visitor?​
- Traffic
Does where I'm buying my traffic make sense for my offer? (ex: page placement, banner content vs page content, which devices or browsers are clicking on my banners, etc)
Who are the top three traffic sources for this campaign, and how does their performance compare?​

These are just some of the questions to be asking, and this is where @NeverGiveUp is mentioning the idea of checkpoints. It's so important to set some various limitations on your tests when you're finding what works and doesn't work. YES, you have to spend money in order to make money here, but spending too much money on a campaign that isn't selling is no longer good business practice, it's just gambling and hoping for a positive result to come about.

I've seen plenty of very successful affiliates mention various opinions on budgets for testing campaigns. It's important to set and abide by your own definition of a good testing budget while you are figuring out your success here. I'll be following along to see your success come about!

Cheers,

Good point; pounding the same traffic with the same offer will yield diminishing returns over time.

Have you ever considered that the sites that you are blacklisting are playing traffic arbitrage and may be a source of a high ratio of new users?

This is why you need advertiser domains (ids) to work with. I can check domains as to the bounce rates -- the bounce rate is generally related to the amount of advertising and the number of new users.

Perhaps, what is thought of as *bad sites* for ads are really not so bad for reaching new traffic?

Interesting point.
you could be right but that's why i try to spend X amount with no conversions to lable it as bad sites.
I don't want to kill too much new traffic

MI
Back