The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

$71k Revenue in the last 365 days with Dropshipping using only Instagram Shoutouts!

RyanOak

As the title says I generated $71k in the last 365 days with my dropshipping store. Main traffic source - Instagram shoutouts.

Before I jump more into details, here are Sales report:

pyfpABV.png

Don't look at the costs row, that data is incorrect. I know, you want to know the profit, so that number is not so great.
Profit is around 30%, ~$22-23k

Before you ask why so low conversion rate, let me show you some screenshots.

kojEe68.png

ZxDE8jr.png

EkiW8H9.png

So as you see, I got 329k users, 1,6 million page views.

In screenshots, you can see why so low conversion rate. As I used Instagram shoutouts, I can't regulate targeting countries and so a ton of traffic from Indonesia, Brazil, India, Malaysia, Philippines, Turkey, etc countries with low sales. If we count only the USA, Canada, and European countries' users' visits then the conversion rate is quite ok.

I am still earning with this site. But there are some downsides.
First, I still work full time and sending new shoutouts takes ~2hours daily + adding new products, etc sometimes takes even 4-5 hours per day.
Second, I can't scale with shoutouts because there are as many accounts as there are.

I have tried FB ads and Google ads but couldn't get a positive ROI. I probably need to invest more time and money into this to make it work, Idk.

I am running also an affiliate site. I started it before dropshipping but then didn't work on it for months. Now I am working on it again.

7ZIWfqb.png

Not impressive earnings but as I said I am only working more serious on it only last few months.

Yeah, and I also wrote an e-book about my dropshipping journey and made $5k selling it during the last 6 months.

I am tired of all the orders fulfillment work, customer messages, social media accounts, etc work.

So I want to focus more on affiliate marketing. And my new target is to learn and master native ads. That's the reason why I joined this forum. I hope to find helpful people here who can share their knowledge. So far I know only some basics and as I haven't started anything yet I don't have real questions. So would be great to hear any good resources where to learn more about native ads.

P.s. If you have any questions regarding dropshipping, drop it and I will try to answer.

Don't be so down on yourself Ryan :)
You got something that is working -- that's a big part of the battle.
  1. Use geo sorting on your traffic and find affiliate offers for the traffic you cannot ship to.
    Try and squeeze some revenue from it if you can ;)
  2. Can you somehow apply your tactics to Twitter?
    Twitter has a lot of US, CA, EU 1st tier traffic + a higher income level user base.
There is a lot of info on Native Ads here (from members that have/are using that media)

Congrats, Ryan! As @Graybeard said, you've got something that's working, so you can celebrate a great start.

I know you're really busy but you may want to check out the Native Ads forum.

Also, here are a few threads that can give you some insights. There are more but thought I'd save you a bit of time so you can dive in when you get a few minutes:

https://www.affiliatefix.com/threads/native-ads-journey-2018-10k-profit-milestone-achieved.146358/
Native Whitelist & Blacklist Campaigns?
Journey to Reaching $100 profit a day with Native Ads
Dino's Native Ads Journey

When you're ready to give it a try, you can start a follow-along journey, so members can help you as you go. ;)

Don't be so down on yourself Ryan :)
You got something that is working -- that's a big part of the battle.
  1. Use geo sorting on your traffic and find affiliate offers for the traffic you cannot ship to.
    Try and squeeze some revenue from it if you can ;)
  2. Can you somehow apply your tactics to Twitter?
    Twitter has a lot of US, CA, EU 1st tier traffic + a higher income level user base.
There is a lot of info on Native Ads here (from members that have/are using that media)

Thanks for the tips. I have tried to contact large Twitter accounts in my niche but they are mostly not interested in paid ads. Not sure why. Others who replied return on investment was negative. So I stopped using twitter.

That's a great way to step up your game! Never leave out the thought to MASTER IT! That is always the goal!

Yeah, correct.

Congrats, Ryan! As @Graybeard said, you've got something that's working, so you can celebrate a great start.

I know you're really busy but you may want to check out the Native Ads forum.

Also, here are a few threads that can give you some insights. There are more but thought I'd save you a bit of time so you can dive in when you get a few minutes:

https://www.affiliatefix.com/threads/native-ads-journey-2018-10k-profit-milestone-achieved.146358/
Native Whitelist & Blacklist Campaigns?
Journey to Reaching $100 profit a day with Native Ads
Dino's Native Ads Journey

When you're ready to give it a try, you can start a follow-along journey, so members can help you as you go. ;)

Thank you. I will check all these threads. That 10k journey is great, already read it and it motivates even more. Sad that there are no new updates.

What products where u selling?
Where is your e-book?
I won't reveal my niche but it is pretty broad including products like apparel, phone cases, bags, jewelry, etc.
I have a separate website for the e-book where I am selling it. I am not sure if I can tell it here as that would be a promotion.

I am not sure if I can tell it here as that would be a promotion.

You can mention it in your signature and put the raw link for people to copy/paste. ;) If you're an upgrade member, you can have a live link and clickable image.

Amazing results Ryan! A few of the pictures aren't showing.

How are the results during the Covid-19 crisis? Is your niche affected?

Amazing results Ryan! A few of the pictures aren't showing.

How are the results during the Covid-19 crisis? Is your niche affected?

Yeah, my fault, I mistakenly deleted images from Imgur :mad:
At the beginning of March, my sales dropped really hard but now they are back and I am hitting 10k this month.

MI
Back