The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

vickhoff

Hello helpies, i hope everyone is fine at the other side.
iam writing this as iam now stuck on something where im helpless little bit,
4 months back i was starting the affiliate thing and i was searching for offers, landers, trackers etc for the setup on the internet....
after sometime, i found the offer and then tried setting it up but did not succeeded in it, nearly everyone told me that i need a tracker and setup it,
postback, tracking link, tokens etc, i was not getting in my head and was so confused (maybe cos of too much information on web)
So the story comes here,
i was then looking up for someone who can setup the things and fix this nightmare for me, dropping texts in all groups of IMs or traffic sources etc..
Finally i found a guy from some Asia pacific region, he told me something about it via screenshots and ws helping with things, i was getting to the point slowly.
but whenever i ask which tracker to use, he says i have custom tracker which i made to sell its subscriptions to public but due to lot of work in it, customer services and lot other things, he was not getting time to operate it, so he had to closed that operation. After requesting him for help and setting up things for me, he agreed and made a test campaign in his tracker for me. For goodness sakes, it was succesfully running and i was getting good profit, slowly he started teaching me some points and i was getting too. BUT, after running the succesful test for 3 weeks, he said that due to non-usage of tracker, and no sales, he have to bear the costs of server on AWS and other things, so he had to quit this. At that time i was earning about $300 daily in profit and dint wanted to loose it. so i obviously i requested to not to quit the tracker and i will pay your cost, he said $500 monthly for server and maintenance cost, we agreed on it, and i started paying him $500 per month.

But, later as i cam to know slowly about things, i found that there are SIMILAR trackers out there on internet and the functionality was same nearly 80% or some.
The only thing i was not trying others, cos my offer needs cloaking, he had some rules of cloaking or "all cloak" something like this, which i dont know others have it or there is an option like this cos i never tried it.

PS: i also found out one common thing that , his cloker looks similar to this somehow to this:: skro.

custom.pngskro.png :

NOW, he is telling me that the AWS is costing much and im taking his time on daily for asking some thing or solving bit of issues, so he maybe not interested in helping me, maybe its boring or possibly he is too busy (any reason)
NOW iam stuck in this, cos whatever he have in the tracker, its working for me! and i dont want to loose it but at other hand $500 per month is something tooo much i guess, aim thinking either i have to stop the things and again search or do testing with other trackers, but still iam not fully got the concept of tracker or fully understand it cos he was doing all the stuff instead of telling me how to do it.

i really need a good advice at this point please. Help needed.

A dedicated server might cost him $100/mo
What costs is the time to administrate the server and keep the tracking app working properly.
If you are making $500 A DAY with a custom app and it is doing something for you that these SaaS tracking tools cannot do ---WTF is the problem?

That's spending $500 to make $15,000 a month (if that is a net revenue to you [payout value])

***numbers got jumbled but the net reasoning is the same --make $9K spending $500 on tracking.

Last edited:
Okay, a lot of words that boil down to your relying on someone you do not know to do the work you MUST learn to do your self before hiring any team members to do the work.

This is a scummy, non-sensible method of getting into the business.

In our START HERE section of the forum, show me where (anywhere) in there where it says "Don't bother learning to do this yourself"!

You cannot start your journey in this industry by getting others to do the work for you. It will ALWAYS END BADLY!

Get into learning mode. Take the time to read instructions, watch training videos, and collaborate on a daily basis with form members. Collaborating does not mean "tell me how to use a tracker, etc. It means: "I have acquired a tracker, read the instructions, watched the trackers video instructions, and made many efforts to learn as much about the tracker as I can and now I have need for specific help on certain aspects".

You have to LEARN! It is true with any business. You can't become a doctor without learning, and you cannot become an affiliate marketer without learning!

Okay, a lot of words that boil down to your relying on someone you do not know to do the work you MUST learn to do your self before hiring any team members to do the work.

This is a scummy, non-sensible method of getting into the business.

In our START HERE section of the forum, show me where (anywhere) in there where it says "Don't bother learning to do this yourself"!

You cannot start your journey in this industry by getting others to do the work for you. It will ALWAYS END BADLY!

Get into learning mode. Take the time to read instructions, watch training videos, and collaborate on a daily basis with form members. Collaborating does not mean "tell me how to use a tracker, etc. It means: "I have acquired a tracker, read the instructions, watched the trackers video instructions, and made many efforts to learn as much about the tracker as I can and now I have need for specific help on certain aspects".

You have to LEARN! It is true with any business. You can't become a doctor without learning, and you cannot become an affiliate marketer without learning!
This is why I like AffiliateFix so much! Especially @T J Tutor 's posts. There's no spoon feeding and yet he's made it so easy to learn by just reading his posts!

Here's what I can add, my two cents actually:

"If you do your due diligence, if you're really serious about your personal growth, you will put in efforts to make sure you understand even the most complex theory out there." In short, you would only be asking for help if you didn't do your due diligence! And like T J Tutor said, IT ALWAYS ENDS BADLY!

Thank You AffiliateFix!

-

Em.

Last edited:
I have to laugh about this because I understand where the guy that developed this tracker is at.
"Don't waste my time" --hopefully he has other profitable work :p
Dealing with retail customers has to be scaled (usually) to be profitable and requires too much support time for a developer's market value (costs).

MI
Back