The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

1st Affiliate Website? Where to get it? How to build it?

You do not really need your own personalweb site to become successful internet marketer. However, if you are seriously interested in, you will want to have one or moreotherwise many websites of you're own. Where would you begin though? Here's some steps to generate a straightforward, successful, easy website.

Step 1: Domain
Firstly you are going to need a domain name . Because this will probably be your websites address it must become a quality name that individuals can recognize. You might argue that the majority of the good domains are already been taken right now, that is partially correct, nevertheless you may still find plenty available that nobody had the idea of it. The absolute right place to buy your domain is godaddy.com. After you have purchased your domain, after that you canproceed tostep 2.

Step 2: Hosting
Next, you'll be needing a website hosting service / web space. That's where all of the content and files of your respective site is going to be stored, make it possible for your site to run. You're going to get your personal control pane in order to manage and edit your website in addition to check how many visits you're getting and where the traffic is coming from. One of the best websites to get hosting is hostgator.com.

Step 3: Content
Once you have both a domain and hosting you can focus on the content of your site. Look for a free site builder, or you can pay someone to build it for you. For the content, there are two ways you can go about doing it.

2) Quality, not quantity.
This is where you spend lots of time on your content, using SEO etc. This can be a make or break situation, if you put a lot of effort in and work hard to market your site, you can gain heavy amounts of profit from it. However making several mistakes can cause that extra work to become time wasted and in the end you will most likely be making the same amount that one of a smaller site with less quality content is making.

Step 4: Making The Money
To make money as an affiliate on your site, banners is the obvious choice. Where to place them? Placing banners generally above the fold improves click through rate. Placing them on the left side is also effective. Placing them at the bottom of the page is most likely not going to be effective as a lot of people won't stick around to visit the bottom of the page.

Also, many thanks for permitting me to comment!
By James J. Quezada

In all there are loads of ways of getting started. My friend and i decided that we were going to give it a bash. Started with the same website that did get the odd visitor, but struggled to find rankings, anyway disagreements followed, so we decided to try out different systems but compare what worked, helped, simple to do, wasn't a scam and didn't lie to get you to sign up! As you all no there are plenty of sites out there.
We both got good sites and bad sites and wasted a little bit of money, when i say a little, it was a lot at the time.

Trust me, all beginners will struggle to start with, but not giving up is the hardest part.

Find your path and stick to it!

john

I would suggest you start with a wordpress platform. They are easy to create and the search engines loves blogs.

All you would need is hosting.

You can literally have an affiliate blog up in a matter of a few minutes. You do not need to know any html coding or anything like that.

Super Easy!

There are lots of great options available. I would definitely recommend a self-hosted Wordpress site though.

The interface is great once you get the hang of it. There is a massive number of really great free 'Themes' available and the free plug-ins mean you can create kick-***, search-friendly websites with very little technical know-how.

For the uninitiated, registering domains, installing the software, buying hosting services and using web host control panel might seem daunting. There are other simpler options out there but I definitely think it's worth a little extra effort to get to know Wordpress.

i agree wordpress is a good starting place among many others but wordpress is an easy set up compared to others that i have tried!

If you are looking for a free software to design your website, I reccomend Kompozer. It's a free software and its pretty user friendly. :)

Just be sure you understand some basic web design skills before you try to create your own website. In this business, your website it the life blood of your business, so it is well worth the time to learn some basic web design skills.

Or, if you already have a niche, or a company you are an affiliate of, they may have a replicatible site.

Best of luck to you!!!!

I use Dreamweaver. I got it years ago when i started my first website. Ive been using it ever since. It serves the purpose and im always learning new stuff. Bottom line, Im not a web designer but if you don't know the basics, you're screwed. I here go daddy has a good platform, user friendly. I like to get websites already made and then alter them to meet my needs. I love templates

If I had to do it all over again..

I would...

1.Build a Squidoo Lense(no website building starting out)
2. Do Review a Products / Programs I liked
3.Get Traffic To My Lens By writing Articles
4.Get Traffic to my Lense with Social Bookmarking
5.Get Traffic to my Lense with Press Releases

Seems like 0 out of pocket expense there..

Squidoo lenses are a pretty neat little resource, and I've enjoyed seeing it gain in popularity. I recommend it for beginners.

I am just beginning. I know my niche market - I have some ideas how to get started.

However, I need to create a website. In the past for antoher project I have built free website (using tripod) but I know that I get what I pay for.

Where do you recommend I look for a user friendly cost efficeint website?

Rob

Yeah when I started I use to use Blogger. What a nightmare that was. I would get rolling and then all of a sudden Google would sandbox me. And of course I would get no explanation as to why. So, needless to say, I stopped using them.

I use Wordpress. It is the easiest platform to use and learn. And pretty much all hosting companies are compatible with it.

For hosting, I use HostGator. They are very well known and their reseller package is cheap each month ($25). There a ton of options for hosting companies (DreamHost, HostNine, etc). Hostgator has a ton of tutorials to show how to set everything up.

Use Shopify its simple and they have plenty of templates to choose from plus they have a free app called Refersion that creates an affiliate program for your store in less than 10 minutes.

If possible can anyone let me know atleast what companies are available to market for a commission. Im looking at all of this wonderful content about affiliate marketing, but I have no idea of what there is to market for a commission or what to market on my website when I get one. I know of amazon as an option, but there has to be others. Amazon sounds very sucky and I am a newbie at this. Help anyone?

im,
im newbie and im thinking of what affiliate product i should sell. I read so many topics on this and still dont know how to start in the best way.

I got a idea, isnt better to sell something that remain same for years? Becouse, if I sell one specific product, i have to change it (whole content) every time when the demand is decreases....

Could you please recommend any inspiration of these products? If its worth it:) Thank you!

The internet is full of any product you wish to market. Before you start as a newbie let me school you on some major issues to help stop you from becoming a failure. Know your budget first. Crawl before you walk. That does not mean rewards cannot come fairly quickly but you can't jump to the top. Research everything. Google your concerns and use the search inside this forum. Make this a hobby at first. Some people drop their jobs to do online marketing before getting it running. That is a recipe for disaster. The no income factor puts you in desperation. This hurts your focus and motivation. It also puts a dagger in your creativity.

[video=youtube;LiqkXdi-Qfo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiqkXdi-Qfo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I believe for your situation, you should start at markethealth.com. They have amazing products and they have a list of current best sellers. Very nice advertising banners and the affiliate manager is on point. If you are totally new at this you should check out my blog. Truly inspirational and you will have a system that will cut out wasted trial and error and get you in the game quickly, professionally and cost effective.

In my experience, Word Press is the most user friendly for websites.

It is easy to use and it provides great templates.

Definitely check it out!

To your Success,
JC

banners
Back