The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

1st Affiliate Website? Where to get it? How to build it?

If I had to do it all over again..

I would...

1.Build a Squidoo Lense(no website building starting out)
2. Do Review a Products / Programs I liked
3.Get Traffic To My Lens By writing Articles
4.Get Traffic to my Lense with Social Bookmarking
5.Get Traffic to my Lense with Press Releases

Seems like 0 out of pocket expense there..

First of all you have to find a particular product, then to think how to bring traffic to this site and finally you have to think about to have a profit!
GOOD LUCK!

Wordpress gets my vote. Very efficiently coded platform (SEO friendly). Once you get logged into the admin side it's just like editing a blog. The set up / install of wordpress can get a bit technical but most hosting places will offer a simple scripts one click install and have some support to walk you through it.

I also like using Yola. Inexpensive and you could have your site up and running in minutes. This is Vinny L. brainchild if memory serves. used to be called synthasite.

Robficiur,

I higly recommend you use wordpress, to host your blog, its user friendly, search engine friendly, and its easier to use

Hi Rob,

I would personally go with wordpress that is probably the easiest way to go.

Get your own domain name and go to wordpress.org there will be instructions with your hosting and at wordpress on how to set it up.

You don't have to set it up like a blog even though that is the format. You can create individual pages instead of posts, and there are thousands of plugins which allow you to do virtually anything with ease on your site.

Affiliate website

Get a domain and hosting from namecheap. And from the cpanel install wordpress. Easy to set up. Just a few research then your site will be up in minutes. Then do a research for free templates then go to your wordpress panel go to themes and install your new template. But if you want to edit the design then that needs a lot of research..

I would not recommend white label or free templates.

Google LOVES Wordpress and that's what most here say to go with as well.
So why would you not go with the tried and proven leader especially since it's FREE?

Whatever you do, keep your domain and your hosting separate. Never set up hosting with the same company from which you buy your domain. I use GoDaddy to buy domain names and HostGator for hosting. Their customer service is fantastic!

Yeah I've made this mistake before. Bought my domain with my hosting and paid way too mcuch for it. Now I go through namecheap.

I made the same mistake too :(
But anyway guys, life is learning new things. So don't get disappointed because of some small issues and look forward :)

Also Kompozer is a free web editing software..for a newbie like me, I am able to build html pages. It is really satisfying when you can accomplish this on your own.
Another site that has been so helpful to me, not to mention cost effective, is Fiverr.com
Save yourself time and headaches and have someone build a simple Wordpress blog for $5.

Martha

I am just beginning. I know my niche market - I have some ideas how to get started.

However, I need to create a website. In the past for antoher project I have built free website (using tripod) but I know that I get what I pay for.

Where do you recommend I look for a user friendly cost efficeint website?

Rob

Rob, One of the quickest and very proffesional ways to put up a website is using wordpress.

you have two options with wordpress.

1 You can host your own wordpress blog. (recommended) You can pick up hundreds of free wordpress themes and one of the best resources to find them is at wordpress.org.

2 You can create a free wordpress blog. To do this go to wordpress.com Your site url will look something like : xxxxx.wordpress.com .

To Your Success ,
Tim Fleagle

I agree about wordpress. Get a cheap domain, I use Namecheap, you can buy a .com for under $10 and a .info for under $5. Hint - I you want more than one website you can have up to 20 addon domains under your main domain, so you can have 21 domains hosted for around $5 per month. I have Godaddy domain hosting as well but much prefer Namecheap. and no, I am not an affiliate. Wordpress creation is a few clicks in c panel and there are thousands of free themes, plugins and widgets available. Hope this helps.

Get your domain at godaddy...real cheap, especially if you have the coupon code. I suggest you sign up with go HostGator also, because you will be need a place to host your sites when you become a pro....might as well start the right way. Good Luck :)

Whatever you do, keep your domain and your hosting separate. Never set up hosting with the same company from which you buy your domain. I use GoDaddy to buy domain names and HostGator for hosting. Their customer service is fantastic!

Hello! Can you explain that? I mean, I always used the same company for domain and hosting. Why do you think that we have to keep them seperate? Thanks!

Because if you decide to change your hosting or have a falling out with your host, you do not want to run the risk of leaving the old host with control over registration of your domain name.

It's just a precaution really, but a sensible one.

banners
Back