The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

1 way links can do no harm?

P

positivecarry

Is it true that you can not be slapped for bad one way links to your website. It makes sense, obviously, I mean how can you possibly control this. However, some self proclaimed guru is telling me some new "info" he's heard. So is the consensus still 1 way links to your website can only help?

You can not be punished for someone linking to you. If you could, it would be easy for me to build a bad site and link to you (my competition) and get you in trouble. The engineers at the search engines are smarter than that.

As long as you have nothing but one way links incoming, you are in no danger.

That's what I thought; a shame too, the person who told me this charges 250/hr for SEO services.

well, some people will take advantage of anyone they can. There are thousands of companies that will take money from people knowing it will do them no good.

He may be refering to googlebowling, it is usualy with bought sitewide links on thousands of pages within a site, too many links from 1 ip address will look like a linking scheme to google and can get you in hot water. But when this filter is tripped, there is a manual overide and a human will go to check it out., but this has not been an issue for over a year now. they just discount the value of the links to almost worthless, so the links have hardly any value.

just keep building one way links. You will be ok.

Hmm, i am not so sure - I got a URL banned from google for no apparent reason. The only thing I was doing was VERY aggressively building links.

I cannot think of another reason it would have been banned.

You can not be punished for someone linking to you. If you could, it would be easy for me to build a bad site and link to you (my competition) and get you in trouble. The engineers at the search engines are smarter than that.

As long as you have nothing but one way links incoming, you are in no danger.

Actually, if certain issues aren't already been dealt with by Google's engineers, recent issues, then you can lose your rankings by a third party. But it goes a little further then just pointing links to someones website.

That's all i want to post in public Jim, even though these issues can be found online, but i am not going to spell it out here in public.

That is why i references google bowling. I am aware of that, but it gets a manual overide when that filter is tripped and can be reversed with a complaint to google, usualy within 36 hours. I addressed this in post #4

So, I am aware of it.

Hmm, i am not so sure - I got a URL banned from google for no apparent reason. The only thing I was doing was VERY aggressively building links.

I cannot think of another reason it would have been banned.

are your links relevant or maybe you drop a link to a site which was already block listed by google...

banners
Back