The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

1 BAD and 3 GOOD advices for newbies

S

StaceyRicci

People absolutely love to give shitty advices. Here is the phrase you’ve heard a million times: "Follow your instincts." Familiar, huh?

If you’re a rabbit running away from a predator through the forest, the advice is excellent. Instincts will allow you to survive. The goal is achieved.

But for more intellectually developed creatures such as affiliate marketers, "follow your instincts" means "do what you think is good right now." And this is a totally wrong approach.

Here is an example. You’ve invested in a new campaign, waited a couple of days, but there are no conversions. Your ROI is -100%. What your instincts suggest? "This campaign is a failure! You're losing money! Drop it and switch to another one."
You launch a new campaign, lose money again, and so on, and so on, until one of the offers starts to generate income.

As long as you’re throwing shit on the wall and waiting until something sticks, you don’t learn anything new.

Constantly switching from one niche to another, you don’t leave yourself a chance to master one niche and start earning for real.

You’re throwing off offers, which aren’t profitable from the beginning, but can become a gold mine when you’ve got more data.

Don’t let yourself follow the “instinct”. Instead, think strategically.

1. Don’t quit after losing a couple hundreds of dollars. Every campaign you launch will teach you something new. To give up everything is a guaranteed failure.

2. Focus on one traffic source and master it. The fastest way to become profitable is to find out which offers work on which traffic sources.

3. Optimize. The only way to make sure that the campaign brings 4-5-digit amounts daily is to achieve a positive ROI and make it stable. You will not get this far by constantly changing offers, traffic sources or landings randomly.

Enjoy the learning process and focus on your goal. Make progress every single day and persist.

1. Don't get discouraged after your first campaign. It will include keywords that have terrible conversion rates, but that's ok because that means you learned which ones to weed out of your campaign!

2. Use branding in your CPC campaigns. If you're trying to sell toothpaste, implement the Crest name into your ads to attract visitors who are more willing to click your ad because of brand awareness. If you need help or advice on how to do this WITHIN GOOGLE'S TERMS, please message me and ask. I will be more than grateful to help you out. Branded ads have proven much more successful for me than general ones.

3. When you first start a campaign (or 2) for a new website, use multiple ads in the same ad group to see which one works the best and, like keywords, see which ones you are able to weed out due to their lack of performance. This is a game of optimizing and efficiency. When you first start your campaign, you should be monitoring your ads as much as possible to get them optimized as quick as possible. In this industry, time is money, and bad ads or bad keywords could cost you a decent chunk of change that could have been put towards better converting keywords that increase your profit.

Do I only need to put 3? lol

MI
Back