The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Writing articles on your website

thomas1957

On my website I am selling golf stuff via Amazon.
I have a drop down menu in catagories for golf balls.
I want to sell 1 certain type of golf ball
There are many good keywords I could use on this golf ball
How many articles should I write about this certain golf ball?
Do I write 1 article for each outstanding key word?
would this golf ball have its own sub drop down for this one golf ball since there could be 10 great keywords?

Asking for a friend

It is usually the best option to create a website because the website is a very importat part of afffilate marketing. I have done my research and that is how I came up with this conclusion. You need to make a website witha very appealing look because it also matters a lot. Make the articles as interesting as you can.

On my website I am selling golf stuff via Amazon.
I have a drop down menu in catagories for golf balls.
I want to sell 1 certain type of golf ball
There are many good keywords I could use on this golf ball
would this golf ball have its own sub drop down for this one golf ball since there could be 10 great keywords?

Asking for a friend
How about this. What if you write a short helpful ebook about golf, tips and tactics, tutorials, some sort of very helpful stuff that is wanted by many and then indicate that you are also selling the best quality golf balls and link to your amazon shop and all that.

Then distribute these ebooks for free and vast like virus and give everyone the right to sell it and keep the profits 100%. I think this would help you get much more clicks to your shop and possibly purchases than an article. But you can also write articles and share anywhere you can as an additional promotion. What do you think of this? :cool:

In addition you can also set google alerts with the golf keyword in it if that interests you. Anywhere a keyword with golf is published, google sends you an email alert about it. You can visit the place and participate in the discussion. Who knows, someone may be interested in buying what you sell.

Personally, I would write one article per main keyword and include a couple of lesser but supporting keywords. Long tailed ones are good to include. Use one or two of those keyword to link to other articles that have relevant keywords in them.

As I said above.

Do you have a category for most recommended, high performance or best golf balls that you could include them in? I'm not sure if it makes any difference from a search engine perspective if you have a separate category for them or not, someone else may know that. I don't think it would hurt to have them listed in the drop-down menu, I just don't know if it helps with your SEO.

By the way, as I come from a promotional products background, I can tell you that companies like branded golf balls. ;) Don't know if you can accommodate that, or if companies are ordering golf balls during a pandemic, just sharing some insider info. :D

Thank you so much for that.
I think the most confusing this is website VS the blog.
I was wanting to start a website with lots of inner niches within it all having to do with one theme.
So with golf the website could be webegolf.com and then you have a store drop down with all the different products that go with golf, from tees to golf carts.
Each one of those products would need to be found either by driving traffic to the website and people browsing then buying or driving people to the products and finding the website where they can buy then browse to by more.
If the website is not known then you have to write about it it get the traffic there so people buy.
Everyone knows what a golf club is so I have to believe that it’s better to write/ blog about the product in a stand alone website.
Am I close?

I think the most confusing this is website VS the blog.

Websites can be static, once you have them loaded up with evergreen content. Blogs require consistent attention, content added, comments responded to. Blogs are far more interactive. Or at least, ideally. Some don't allow for comments but most want that interaction.

I was wanting to start a website with lots of inner niches within it all having to do with one theme.

That's how authority sites are born. :) I'd recommend that you check out your competition, try to judge if you're able to compete with them for placement in the SERPs, once your site gets rockin' and rollin'. Maybe you'll see something in the top listing that you can do but better or more unique.

Each one of those products would need to be found either by driving traffic to the website and people browsing then buying or driving people to the products and finding the website where they can buy then browse to by more.

Yup, that's how it's done in the CPA/affiliate world. Buy traffic, send it to your site or offer. In the case of your site, if the SEO is good and the site is popular, that initial investment could kick off return and new traffic because your content is wonderful and informative and what golfers are looking for (right??).

Now, you don't have to buy traffic, you can keep it free - SEO, social, YT, etc. It will take longer and require work from you but can be done. Ideally, a mix of paid and free can help you climb the listings a bit faster, assuming again that you have great content golfers are looking for. Quality trumps quantity here. Better to have fewer posts of higher quality than the other way around.

By the way, you're building an email list, right? Right?

If the website is not known then you have to write about it it get the traffic there so people buy.

Are you referring to the supplier's website? If so, okay. Maybe you can do a review about it if you feel it necessary. Or even better, post an interview with the site owner/manager/whatever. Create a personal presentation of the company to instill trust. Just an idea.

Or even interviews with golf company reps who provide the name brand golf supplies you sell. Assuming you are able to contact them and they agree.

Everyone knows what a golf club is so I have to believe that it’s better to write/ blog about the product in a stand alone website.

Okay, I'm getting a little confused. Probably because I've been reading a lot of different posts. So, you're creating a website to direct traffic to your golf store?

I'm not a golfer but I've known and worked with several. Even dated an enthusiast once. :D They definitely have club preferences, so information can mean a lot for people shopping for them. The ball features are important to some people, too. Some people prefer one type/brand over another.

Am I close?

At the moment, you may be closer than I am. :D

Okay, I'm getting a little confused. Probably because I've been reading a lot of different posts. So, you're creating a website to direct traffic to your golf store?
People are going to be looking up a 9 iron or a driver instead of looking for webegolf.com if it’s not known in the beginning.

IM thinking I would have to have a lot of content and products on the website Before I publish since no one knows it exists. Or maybe at least good content and products can be introduced as time goes on.

People are going to be looking up a 9 iron or a driver instead of looking for webegolf.com if it’s not known in the beginning.

Yup, they are. That's why your keywords are so important. That's how they'll find your site and valuable information.

IM thinking I would have to have a lot of content and products on the website Before I publish since no one knows it exists. Or maybe at least good content and products can be introduced as time goes on.

I'm not sure what it is now (I don't have any sites or blogs anymore) but rule of thumb used to be 10 articles to get it going. Maybe someone currently in the know can confirm if this is still the case.

You are likely going to want to add fresh content everytime a new product comes out. But initially, load it up and get started. Add two or three more per week until you're happy with the amount of content. But like I said, if you have a new product come out, you're probably going to want to have at least one focused article on it, at least until your money (main) site starts succeeding. Make your content as evergreen as possible, so you won't have to change or replace much over time.

Website launch 20 pages; then 10 more a week to 10 weeks? A bit more random but progress and updates should be consistent.

Websites can use dynamically generated content and damn near update themselves using feeds XML or JSON usually.
Your page might be partly constant (static) with ssi or php includes and content values 24/7. A lot can be done in JavaScript /xhr too today.

Last edited:
By the way, you're building an email list, right? Right?
Don't like the concept of spamming people's mail. Should this be one of those things I need to just get over?
I have not even started building a website or write any articles. I like to put my ducks in a row before I shoot the last one in line just to watch the first ones in line fly away.
As I roll through certain "blog" style websites. I see a certain format. Should my "articles" for my website be written the same way? I tend to be long-winded in speech and writing and don't want to over do it.

Don't like the concept of spamming people's mail.

Eeek! Have I taught you nothing? :D:D:D

No spamming, do not spam. Provide value. Develop a relationship with your subscribers. But never spam. There is a difference, you know.

As I roll through certain "blog" style websites. I see a certain format. Should my "articles" for my website be written the same way?

Most blogs have basically the same layout and style. Some have longer content than others, depends on the writer and topic. Make your content interesting and as compelling as you can. Cut anything that might take away from that if you can. Keeping a tight focus on the topic while making it useful and interesting would likely be perfect.

Eeek! Have I taught you nothing? :D:D:D

No spamming, do not spam. Provide value. Develop a relationship with your subscribers. But never spam. There is a difference, you know.
Umm you have been very helpful. I have not written any articles or published anything yet so I will also throw learning about that and implementing it as well. I am just now starting an outline of sorts with the website and which articles to start off with and then add accordingly. I would think in the next 3 months I will be on my way. I cant imagine it going fast. to many things to break your heart.
I am still confused as to how to add my affiliate articles within the website. My only thought would be a "shop" dropdown with all products and the articles that go with that product. let me know. As I start off I am making everything an Amazon affiliate until I become a little more proficient at what I am doing. I do not plan on failing.

I am still confused as to how to add my affiliate articles within the website.

You choose an angle to write about regarding that product, or an experience with that product. If you have an amusing golf story of your own, you can even throw that in there if it's relevant. You can still use your keywords and link to other articles. All depends on the tone you want your blog or site to have.

It can be really helpful to have an editorial calendar. Then you'll know what you're going to write about and publish on what day. Do it at least a month ahead, if you can line up a year of topics, even better. It removes the guess work of what to write because some days that can happen, especially if your brain is yearning for a rest.

I do not plan on failing.

Rephrase that, say instead, "I plan on succeeding!" And mean it.

What you're trying to set up and do is not complicated, you may be overthinking it. It does require work and some planning, of course but I think you may be feeling that things are getting a bit daunting.

- Plan your site/blog and format it the way you want it - theme, colours, nav bar, etc. aesthetics

- Get and set up your autoresponder (AR) with your initial thank-you for subscribing note. You can add to your AR later. Add the subscriber box or code to your site. If you're using WP, they do have a free list builder that you can add to your site, if you want to go that route. Definitely check reviews before doing that.

- Start writing and publishing

The thing is, you've got to get started. Don't wait three months unless you absolutely have to. If the AR is holding you up, add it later. But if you want to make the Black Friday and Christmas markets, you've got to start now, right away.

If you're nervous, start an online journey and members will help you as you go.

@shaunm has done that, you can see it here. I think he's up to five or six thousand dollars a month so far.

Something to keep in mind - Shaunm has more experience than you, as you just getting started. Plus, I'm pretty sure he's super human. :D Don't compare yourself to him, read his thread and be totally inspired. That can be you.

You choose an angle to write about regarding that product, or an experience with that product. If you have an amusing golf story of your own, you can even throw that in there if it's relevant. You can still use your keywords and link to other articles. All depends on the tone you want your blog or site to have.

It can be really helpful to have an editorial calendar. Then you'll know what you're going to write about and publish on what day. Do it at least a month ahead, if you can line up a year of topics, even better. It removes the guess work of what to write because some days that can happen, especially if your brain is yearning for a rest.

Rephrase that, say instead, "I plan on succeeding!" And mean it.

What you're trying to set up and do is not complicated, you may be overthinking it. It does require work and some planning, of course but I think you may be feeling that things are getting a bit daunting.

- Plan your site/blog and format it the way you want it - theme, colours, nav bar, etc. aesthetics

- Get and set up your autoresponder (AR) with your initial thank-you for subscribing note. You can add to your AR later. Add the subscriber box or code to your site. If you're using WP, they do have a free list builder that you can add to your site, if you want to go that route. Definitely check reviews before doing that.

- Start writing and publishing

The thing is, you've got to get started. Don't wait three months unless you absolutely have to. If the AR is holding you up, add it later. But if you want to make the Black Friday and Christmas markets, you've got to start now, right away.

If you're nervous, start an online journey and members will help you as you go.

@shaunm has done that, you can see it here. I think he's up to five or six thousand dollars a month so far.

Something to keep in mind - Shaunm has more experience than you, as you just getting started. Plus, I'm pretty sure he's super human. :D Don't compare yourself to him, read his thread and be totally inspired. That can be you.
Yes, Mr. Shaun I follow his YouTube. I told him that within 1 hour of watching his videos I got more out him then watching days of the guys that promise the world for free.
Because of him I have the free MOZ bar, keyword shi**er, keywords everywhere, the free version of Grammarly and keyword surfer just from 1 of his videos. Its why I purchased my WP and a few domains with his affiliate link just to give something back.
I know the other guys are trying to make coin and I don't blame them at all.
I have the money to invest to make everything easier like build the website and hire writers and all that jazz but I feel its the wrong approach for me I also have the most valuable thing in the world and that's time. I can do this full time and it what I am planning to do. And yes I plan on succeeding.
I thank you so much for all the time and advice.

I did try affiliate marketing years ago when there was a place to write article called Squidoo? and then you sent them via enzine articles and lots of other things I don't remember and I even made a few click bank sales. The job I had at the time required lots of traveling and away from family so I dropped it but never forgot that it is possible to make money this way.

I also have the most valuable thing in the world and that's time. I can do this full time and it what I am planning to do. And yes I plan on succeeding.

YES!! It will be exciting to see you soar.

I thank you so much for all the time and advice.

You are most welcome. :)

I remember it, had a pod there, myself.

enzine articles

I was there, as well.

never forgot that it is possible to make money this way.

It's always ready for you when you're ready for it.

And that first step is the most important :cool:

Planning a project is good
At some point the plan requires action
This is especially effective if the action is in a schedule with dates and times
Scheduled actions undertaken repeatedly = results
Over planning is inefficient as variables constantly change

MI
Back