The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

WP errors, theme not working

benschiltz

Hi

I am having an issue that no one seems to know how to fix it lol. I am using wordpress themes for my blogs and one of my blogs malfunctioned. My host told me that the theme may either have files missing or it is not compatible. I am running 2.7. (new wp upgrade).

So I changed my theme and again my blog will not show any themes. Nothing works and I thought maybe I will delete wp from the cpanel and reinstall.

I installed Word Press Direct on this blog and I am unsure how to uninstall it. I did not use fantastico or anything like that, which I checked it does not show a 'remove' button. So I have to do it manually.

Question: if I back up then delete all my files for wordpress on public_html will it screw up all my addon domains? and if I just delete the wp files from cpanel does that mean wp is totally off of it or do I have to delete DB and USER as well?

thanks.

p.s. any advice will help thanks

Sorry Ben that's way over my head. I have someone I pay to handle WP problems for me so I don't deal with techy stuff myself. He's a member of this forum and is very reasonable. PM me if you'd like to hire him to fix it and I'll put you in contact.

I am using wordpress themes for my blogs and one of my blogs malfunctioned. My host told me that the theme may either have files missing or it is not compatible. I am running 2.7. (new wp upgrade).

So I changed my theme and again my blog will not show any themes. Nothing works and I thought maybe I will delete wp from the cpanel and reinstall.

:confused: What do you mean by "will not show any themes"?

I installed Word Press Direct on this blog and I am unsure how to uninstall it. I did not use fantastico or anything like that, which I checked it does not show a 'remove' button. So I have to do it manually.

What is "Word Press Direct" exactly?

Question: if I back up then delete all my files for wordpress on public_html will it screw up all my addon domains? and if I just delete the wp files from cpanel does that mean wp is totally off of it or do I have to delete DB and USER as well?

The first thing is to determine what the problem is and what is causing it. If the problem is corrpupted files, you should be able to reupload the WP2.7x files and reinstall WP. If there is some problem with your database, you can try and repair and optimize from phpMyAdmin or reconfigure WP to use a new blank databse.

thanks.

p.s. any advice will help thanks[/QUOTE]

banners
Back