The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Working at Home

Well, I personally have not met these women, and I can not say this of myself ... but I will not deny that such women exist and is most likely they are careerists who least think about any personal life =)

Not necessarily:

1. women who live with or are married to other women

2. women who are happy within themselves and live full lives having friends of both genders

At my oppinion working at home is way better... You are your own boss, you set your work time and you can arrange it to fit in with other things. Is it hard at a start? Yes, it is hard like everything you start in life...

Working from home is best but... Got to be disciplined It is easy to get lost from your own homely entertainment. Time management is a big thing. Even if you're at home, think that you have a boss and think that you have at least 9 hours to work. Think that every after two hours you need to take your coffee break or body stretch. Also think that you only have maximum 30 minutes to eat lunch. And most importantly don't forget to take shower in the morning before you start your computer (I said in the morning so we will not become zombie):D
Hmmmm easily said than done I know:eek:

1. Do you find it difficult to work at home?
2. Was it hard at the beginning?
3. On your opinion, what are the weak parts of working-at-home?

1. At first yes, but now it is a good thing because I learn some very basic stuff and it is easier, I hopoe it will get more easier as time goes by.
2. As I said it was hard at first, but I think I've learned some stuff in short time.
3. Lack of methodology in work, like some sort of list of to do stuff and tutorials all combined at one place. It would be nice if someone would provide you with something like that when you start working at home (advices, shortcuts, good basic stuff).

Thank you for your answer. It was really helpfull. Success with your job and also raising your children. I think it's a great experience for you and your family to stay with your kids at home in their first years.

For me the only difficulty of working from home is that I procrastinate a lot. And I can't help it?
Any advices for lazy person, guys?

Focus is definitely the hardest part of working-at-home. When I first started out, I forced myself to go to the library and check out a private booth. I took all my work with me and gave myself 2-3 hours to research, write up, and assemble the information I needed. Just being in the library helped me focus because of the unnatural feeling. As soon as I felt like I gained got the ball rolling, having a plan for the day, I would then go home and crank it out over the next few hours.

Then of course I would then leisurely read up and surf the web, like most people at home. Then of course, the next day, go to the library again, research, write up, craft my day's work, get everything set up and laid out, then go home and execute.

It also took me about a month to get over that "apathy" hurdle and I still will do that process if I ever have one of those days when I cannot focus and need to get work done.

Libraries are an amazingly untapped resource.

It's very hard to work at home cause you feel responsible to never waste time (if you're honest) - if you go fo a cup of coffee, you "stop the clock" -also if the phone rings, you get emails... I work at home 7 1/2 hours a day and it takes me 9 hours to do it cause I "stop the clock" - When you work in an office you talk to other people during the day on company time - at home, it's your own time :(

I LOVE working from home. One of my biggest challenges is my wife, and other family members, asking me to do them favors during the day "since I'm just sitting at home" ;-)

Phoenixnap hit the nail on the head about the library being an amazing untapped resource. I try to go there at least once a week, ask for an unused conference room, and work for a few hours. It works great in the evening for me because my wife wants me to get out of the house once in a while. It's also a great place to grab some books on one of your sites' topics and write some articles. Might as well take advantage of where your tax dollars are being spent.

For those of you who have a hard time getting started, I'd recommend making a small to-do list for that day and prioritizing it. Sometimes when I get hung up on what to do next, I'll ask myself "what's the most important thing I could do for myself right now?"

My 2?.

I hated and loved working from home. I mean I got to decide how much I work and when. But then at the same time I was alone - and that was just bad and I wasn't concentrated at all ... :(

No I find it easy. Much easier then working a "regular job". It took a bit of time to develop an "always motivated" kind of approach but I got there and now I love it ;)

I absolutely love working from home!

The issue I have is to much focus. I can sit down and start working and realize I forgot to eat when it is late afternoon. I also tend to work way to many hours because I love it!

So I do think it is important to try and exercise and eat right and step away from my online business...so I will try to do that right now :)

It does take a lot of self discipline, that's for sure! But IMHO it's well worth the effort. I think it kind of takes a rather introverted person, though.

I think the biggest challenge I faced was getting it through people's heads that I'm not available 24/7 to be bugged with mundane stuff - that I work ,and I work HARD.

You haven't know real WORK until you've begun to work on your own - on that one I stand firm! ;)

:)I'm glad to see I'm not the only one.
When I first started working from home I was distracted as well. I found it very hard to focus..
I like the thought of going to a coffee shop never tried that..

It's pleasant and cost effective. You don't need to ride a taxi or a bus and pay the fare. You can work while you're sipping your coffee and eating your biscuits. And best of all, you are the boss of your professional life.

I run a gardening business but i do all office/marketing work at home.

1. at times it can be difficult because of distractions.

2. i didnt find it difficult at the beginning because every thing was to hand at home.

3.distractions at home, being interrupted were weak parts of working at home for me.

I have always worked for myself, even before I got into IM and running Affiliate networks, etc. So luckily i came into this with a pretty decent amount of what would be expected as far as having to force yourself to maintain some kind of schedule

When i was younger it was no problem, but now if i miss one night of sleep its like the world turns upside down :( i hate getting old!!! :eek:

I have done some working from home, and I found the key to being productive is to set aside a time/space specifically for work. If you tell yourself that this is the time to work, then distractions are less likely. Plus, you don't need to wear pants :)

It was difficult at first because people around me basically thought I was not "working". These days I have a schedule of what to do when that works for me. My children still do not see me as working from home but then the schedule helps me get the work done.

1. No, I'm retired and I like working at home.
2. Yes, it was hard in the beginning because I was a newbie and had to find out how to advertise my sites and banners. Luckily, there are plenty of places on the web to find out how to advertise banners, etc.
3. The weak part is being organized. It's easy to get overwhelmed.

banners
Back