The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Wordpress Theme and Plugin

johnctan

affiliate
Hi everyone,

I was wondering what everyone uses as a theme to promote affiliate products, as well as which plugins does everyone use. I see a lot of plugins like Datafeedr, Popshops, etc, but they're so expensive. And I've been driving myself crazy looking for a theme for the products, I just want a simple theme, customizable also. I actually wanted to build my site to look like deals2buy.com.

Any advice is appreciated.

Hi Minstrel,

Thanks for the reply! I like the Weblog Tools Collection site very informative and I've been to the Wordpress site, and after pages and pages of themes, i can't seem to find the right one for product promotion. Maybe I'm just too picky? Would you recommend anything besides Wordpress?

Personally, I love WordPress because it is so flexible. But I agree that finding the right theme for your site can take time, especially if you're restircting yourself to just the free ones.

What I use is a paid theme called Thesis: DIYthemes ? Run a Killer Website with the Thesis Theme for WordPress

However, I haven't installed the latest version, 1.7, yet (or more accurately I did and then reverted back to 1.6 because I couldn't figure out how to incorporate my previous customizations in the limited time I had available when it came out). I believe that's about $80-90 USD though.

There are numerous other paid and free themes though. Keep plugging away and I'm sure you'll find one you like.

Here's a free theme called Copyblogger that I used prior to Thesis:

The Copyblogger Theme for WordPress | Copyblogger

Thanks so much!!! I'm going to look at CopyBlogger. And yes, it's a long and tedious task of looking through all the free themes. :)

it all really depends on if you are trying to rank for a product on google or are you going to be driving targeted traffic to your site. Keep the theme simple don't have to be nothing big

I don't use WP plugins for that purpose.

However, you might have a look at these (can't vouch for them one way or another):

I don't doubt that there are others. Maybe other 5 Star members can jump in with their experiences.

Try FlexSqueeze from Flexibility Themes. It has a lot of features and plugins built in. I used it a while back and it outperformed pretty much every other theme i tested.

I would advice you to buy a paid premium theme for business Wordpress from Woothemes or Theme forest, most of them are custonomizable and very easy to manage.
For the plugins, it depends oh what you want, a shopping card plugin, ect?

Like Minstrel, I use Thesis, DIY Theme. It will cost you a little money up front but after that you can make as many sites with it as you want. You can buy in at 3 levels, 1 site, unlimited personal, or unlimited for everything.
You can also get skins (color and site themes) for it.
The one huge thing that Thesis has going for it is that SEO features are built in and being updated all the time and most important they are excellent. That alone puts it ahead of most of the stuff out there.
You can get plug-ins like All in One SEO but you then have to rely on it being updated as Wordpress is updated AND if you decide to move over to Thesis later it's a bit of a hassle unless you are capable of some hacking.
If you liked Copyblogger you might also like NeoClassical both from Chris Pearson who also created Thesis. I used Neo on one of my blogs for a year before I upgraded to Thesis. It's all good!

I personally love the templates from rockettheme (they have both joomla and wordpress) - they are not free, but present great quality work with nice designs and plugin options.

Hi everyone,

I was wondering what everyone uses as a theme to promote affiliate products, as well as which plugins does everyone use. I see a lot of plugins like Datafeedr, Popshops, etc, but they're so expensive. And I've been driving myself crazy looking for a theme for the products, I just want a simple theme, customizable also. I actually wanted to build my site to look like deals2buy.com.

I never used a paid plugin... I post my affiliate products manually...

Hi everyone,

There are many wordpress themes, but I prefer to use, Mystique theme, because it is easy to customize.

banners
Back