The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Seeking Help WooCommerce Affiliate Store - How to setup?

Hamukione

affiliate
Hey everyone,

I am working on a WooCommerce store which is using Datafeedr to import products from different affiliate networks and stores to my site.
Its in the clothing niche, where the goal for my site is to be a "deal watching" site, and I link to products that are lowered in cost at the original store.

So I simply get the user onto my site, and then push them onto the affiliate link for the clothing they are interested in buying.

But I am kinda stuck when it comes to showing products, as I plan to setup the site as a store, but I am not sure how to make the URL structure.

If it should be example. com/main-category/sub-category/product-name
Or if it should simply be example .com/product-name.

The goal is not to rank on individual products, but to rank on categories instead, and articles talking about different clothing styles and such.

The domain name is brilliant, as it's simply "Fashiondeals. tld", easy to remember and find again. (Local tld)

How would you setup the URL structure?
Are there any guides here that I have missed with Affiliate stores that are great to read?

I have done plenty of work with SEO overall, but I have 0 experience in eCommerce SEO, and I dont want to make simple mistakes and do the work twice to fix URLs and such.

All advice is very much appreciated.
Thank you, have a nice day :)

/Hamukione

Product names MAY have trademark restrictions. That is SEO 'food' or spam depending on how you see it.
Check to see if there are any restrictions FIRST in the terms of the offer.

Assuming there are no restrictions;
If it should be example. com/main-category/sub-category/product-name
Or if it should simply be example .com/product-name.
The goal is not to rank on individual products, but to rank on categories instead, and articles talking about different clothing styles and such.
You answered your own question ... category is the tag (and the URL keyword(s).

I would include a server rewrite shortlink, ostensibly for the user to save, in the example .com/product-name format on each page, noindex, toward getting some return traffic opportunities.

You answered your own question ... category is the tag (and the URL keyword(s).

I would include a server rewrite shortlink, ostensibly for the user to save, in the example .com/product-name format on each page, noindex, toward getting some return traffic opportunities.

I guess you are right.. Thanks

banners
Back