The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Seeking Help Affiliate Store verses Just monitise Blog

bgme

affiliate
Hi

I am new to the forum, and just want to get feedback on:

1. What folks think about creating an online store with affiliate products versus just monitizing a travel blog.

For example, for a destination blog, have a store with travel accessories, destination-relevant books etc. and all products are affiliate linked to Amazon etc. So a 'curated' store.

My thinking is the store provides a more purposeful, 'store-like' experience than kist links in blogs, affiliate product adverts etc.

2. If you were to suggest a store, what store to use? Is there any view on using Shopify + plugin like Amazon Importer Spreadr App verses WooCommerce + Wzone?

3. Has anyone heard of/using Evolup?

Appreciate all thoughts - thanks!

I wouldn't do a blog. I recommend a completely developed coded site. I am in the luxury travel niche. My content sites are all coded and are far easier to manage than a blog and because they are coded they enjoy the benefit of being able to be customized without concerns for addon and plugin compatibilities. I don't sell merchandise, however, I do enjoy very nice affiliate and partner status in many luxury brands. I earn very nice commissions as an affiliate/partner in the luxury travel niche and luxury niche products/services. No "shop" required. I write a luxury travel article for a specific destination, a recommendation for private air charter, some recommendations for "what to wear" and needs to plan on, and I may top it off with a note about how I bought my Patek Philippe there some years back at the "XXXX Jewelry Boutique". ALL AS AN AFFILIATE or AFFILIATE PARTNER.

I currently have two charter jet, 2 charter yacht, and three (soon to be 7) country or region destination sites.

Make it all very high quality, representing very high quality, and you'll have some winners. High quality doesn't mean everything has to be expensive, but the sites must be professionally designed (custom), and be properly developed and maintained. the products research is an ongoing requirement. You have to be researching cool things, trending things, etc., and working out affiliate relationships with the product and/or services providers.

Though it is one of the less discussed niches, the travel niche just won't succeed for you if you skimp on it, or link to cheap crap. The majority of people that travel (even by the cheapest means) wouldn't for example be interested in the cheapest luggage available. They would risk losing their personal items while traveling if using cheap crap to hold their valuables, but they have no problem using the cheapest airlines.

I wouldn't do a blog. I recommend a completely developed coded site. I am in the luxury travel niche. My content sites are all coded and are far easier to manage than a blog and because they are coded they enjoy the benefit of being able to be customized without concerns for addon and plugin compatibilities. I don't sell merchandise, however, I do enjoy very nice affiliate and partner status in many luxury brands. I earn very nice commissions as an affiliate/partner in the luxury travel niche and luxury niche products/services. No "shop" required. I write a luxury travel article for a specific destination, a recommendation for private air charter, some recommendations for "what to wear" and needs to plan on, and I may top it off with a note about how I bought my Patek Philippe there some years back at the "XXXX Jewelry Boutique". ALL AS AN AFFILIATE or AFFILIATE PARTNER.

I currently have two charter jet, two charter yacht, and three (soon to be 7) country or region destination sites.

Make it all very high quality, representing very high quality, and you'll have some winners. High quality doesn't mean everything has to be expensive, but the sites must be professionally designed (custom), and be properly developed and maintained. The products research is an ongoing requirement. You have to be researching cool things, trending things, etc., and working out affiliate relationships with the product and/or services providers.

Though it is one of the less discussed niches, the travel niche just won't succeed for you if you skimp on it, or link to cheap crap. The majority of people that travel (even by the cheapest means) wouldn't for example be interested in the cheapest luggage available. They would risk losing their personal items while traveling if using cheap crap to hold their valuables, but they have no problem using the cheapest airlines.
Thank you so much for your thoughtful reply - lots to think about there! Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
MI
Back