The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

why spammers keeps submitting their sites to my blog

jennypretty

affiliate
Hello,

I have one Wordpress blog and there is one site keeps submitting spam comments at every post. I never accept it but they keep commenting.

My question is: can their websites get any benefit in terms of SEO when they keep commenting and never get approved?

Thanks,
Jenny.

My question is: can their websites get any benefit in terms of SEO when they keep commenting and never get approved?

There's no benefit for them since their comment is not approved and published on your blog. Any comment is useless if it's not included on the blog.

Is your blog has a dofollow attribute on its comment section? This may be one of their reasons why they continue commenting on your blog since their comment will be counted as a backlink once you've approved it. Another possible reason is maybe they are not monitoring what sites they are commenting and they don't know which sites are approving their comments that's why they keep on posting comments on your blog.

They are trying as maybe by mistake one day you approve any comment submitted by them :D

BTW why don't you use Akismet plugin at your wp blog ? Its good to use.

DON.

Are your using captcha text to filter out automated spammers :spam:

You can also block the I.P address of the visitor who adds spam to your comment form :banned:

Hello,

I have one Wordpress blog and there is one site keeps submitting spam comments at every post. I never accept it but they keep commenting.

Thanks,
Jenny.

I might say the person doing it is new the world of SEO. He submit to your blog without knowing that he/she will be rejected. SEO newbie is careless in his/her actions...

You should only use captchas when you suspect that the submit is spam, I.E. when the X-Forwarded-For header has been set.

Submits made from proxies should not be blocked, but i do think they should go through extra steps before being accepted.

You cant do much about humans spamming your blog, but there are many Methods to Avoid comment spam by bots. Because these often don't even get submitted from a browser, you can easily check if the submit was made from a browser.

Another method is to include an additional Hidden input field, if this field was filled, then you are around 99% sure its a bot.

I would go a step further, and generate the content of the input-field on the server-side, that way the spammers cant get around the page with the form. Another hidden field can be used for browser-bots, this should just be empty.

There is no way for the bot to know which field should be filled out, other then looking at the field-names. Even there its unlikely that its able to fill it out correctly, you can go even further then that, and change the names of the fields on the server side.

Last edited:
MI
Back