The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Why dont just use Google Analytics for tracking?

René Wagner

Hey Guys,
why is everyone using voloom or other tools for tracking? why not just use google analytics? Or have I misunderstood something ^^'
thanks for an answer

Hi Rene,
trackers dont only provide you analytics on your users. This is more supporting instument for an affiliate marketer. You can control the profitability of each campaign you run and track which targeting bring you the most of conversions. But apart from that trackers allow to do split test of offers, prelanders to see what is working the best for you and choose the percentage of traffic which should to to specific offer/prelander. You can do a bit of cloacking. It is very useful tool especially when you run lots of goes, campaigns - it allows you to organize all and control.

Google-Analytics cannot post-back data from 3rd party websites unless the G-A JS script
HTML:
<script async src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=UA-xxxxxxx-18"></script>
is on the remote website for any page like order page, thank you page etc ...
This is a good explanation of the process Tracking Magick Part 4 - Tracking Affiliate Sales <<< no endorsement but a good explanation IMO

That having been said, G-A is a much more in depth program. I worked with Urchin the basis for the API Google made G-A from. So, I know about the programming as we ran this API on our servers as an application -- the price to own it was $10K. Then in a little over a year -- Google discontinued Urchin and stung our company for $10K ...

Last edited:
I use Matomo now. It has everything I need.
Google hides to much data for my taste. Analytics reports are way too complex to my liking as well.

Hey Guys,
why is everyone using voloom or other tools for tracking? why not just use google analytics? Or have I misunderstood something ^^'
thanks for an answer
i guess this is only for the effective service, nothing more. Voluum has more features to help out with this.

MI
Back