The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

White label dating are deleting my websites

>>>Streamlining our Partners

The last part of this project is the one which we’ve only recently completed — after much soul-searching we decided could no longer justify having thousands of sites on our platform which didn’t generate any meaningful revenues or register new members.

We are implementing SSL across our platform and adding a number of new payment processors which means the number of sites we run has a direct impact on our costs.

It is not in the interests of ourselves or our partners to create and operate dating sites which are commercially inefficient — so we took the decision to notify a minority of our partners that after reviewing their sites we would be shutting down a number of sites on the WhiteLabelDating.com platform.

Members of affected sites would be migrated to another, larger site belonging to the partner along with any associated revenues the impact of this would be minimal.

I have found it a difficult process to shut down sites which we have worked hard to attract to our platform and some partners have worked hard to create — but there is no point running sites which are not performing (or even showing any signs that they might perform).

Instead, we want to spend our time and efforts with our committed partners and invest both money and resources into supporting and motivating partners who are driving registrations to our business and working with us proactively for mutual long-term, sustainable growth. <<<

Last edited:
@Graybeard I tried to reply to you but could not as the system claimed there was a link in there! The problem is with them is that you never know. I could not see an increase in my members and they never showed me where they went and certainly my revenue dropped. On top of this, those sites were conveniently deleted from their system so I cannot go back. Thankfully I downloaded everything before they did that.

There is also no-one to talk to there anymore, as everyone I know has gone.

Another company to be aware of is Bone-Fish of Gibraltar. They also owe me money. Incredibly they have claimed since May 2018 that they are unable to process REBILLS because they have no credit card facilities and are waiting for new facilities! Yeah right! Thankfully my exposure there was minimal, but the monthly rebill revenue was still well worth having! No-one replies to emails of course!

@Graybeard my chargebacks were negligible over all those years at White Label Dating.

As far as Bone-Fish are concerned, they are taking new business through Paypal and rebills aren't getting billed!

This is just cannot apply to all Venntro affiliates.

True, the allowed chargeback ratios were changed up to 2% of the transaction count (and not to money value) to a less than 1% in the European market to be the same as it has been for some time in the USA. This occurred over a year ago.

This being the case; Venntro could have just terminated the accounts causing the chargeback issues or made 3ds processing mandatory for affiliate accounts that had higher than normal chargeback ratios -- say any Venntro Affiliate White Label that had a greater than 0.5% chargeback ratio.

This guy is full of shit. Sorry, but Venntro just punted the ball out of bounds and clearly is not concerned with Venntro's reputation in the *Affiliate World*

RIP Venntro; they sound like a loser to be associated with.

From the comments under that article >>>

Ross Williams
May 26

The details of this are sadly secret squirrel as it’s a huge competitive advantage — the other white label platforms are, we believe, well in exccess of the 1% chargeback threshold that they should be. As a result we don’t believe they’ll be able to process reliably in the future so it’s one of the few things we’ll be keeping close to our chest. At a non-technical level it was just a case of listening to people who knew what was happening and how to make a difference and for the decision makers to take a punt on trying something and it working. No need for paralysis through analysis, just giving it a go!

I agree with Graybeard. I have to say though, if the boss of the company told his employee's to do what is in the link below previously (from 2012), it's little surprise he slashes partner sites at the end of financial year (deliberate loss write off maybe?)...

https ://www .channel4.com/news/fools-for-love-how-one-internet-dating-firm-dupes-clients

Again, I had to add spaces to post the link above

Another company to be aware of is Bone-Fish of Gibraltar. They also owe me money. Incredibly they have claimed since May 2018 that they are unable to process REBILLS because they have no credit card facilities and are waiting for new facilities! Yeah right!
There may or may not be some truth to that. You could try making a test buy on that website -- see if it is processed. If you get to the billing servers OK --well ...

Good luck suing in a Court in Gibraltar.

@CPSites the link that you posted to Williams' article on Medium is the biggest giveaway. The company appears to be in debt and that is the reason for what he calls "Project Streamline". This could also explain why they are trying to grab 95% of rebills revenue from affiliates right now, even though they claim on their web site that they share profits with partners! The Channel 4 expose says a lot as does the investigation by the Competition and Markets Authority. Thanks for the update!

Tell it to the judge in that POS contract's legal jurisdiction or take the issue into the "Court of Public" opinion like you have. Either way, it's a lose-lose proposition unfortunately. But thanks for sharing the bad experience.

I have sites with white label dating, and I feel something is going on behind the scene regarding backend site operations and also revenue.

I m sure that I'm not receiving my full revenue as their figures are different from all the info I collate each day.

This has been happening in the last year, it's a pity as they have been a great company to partner with previously. Bad decisions are starting to ruin their company now

Could anyone tell me if there are other similar companies that I could use instead, which are good. My sites are UK based.

I own my domains and also the front end / sites are on my own servers.

I use their backend as they have the dating site of things and look after members I bring to the site.

I'm just worried now as I won't be able to find anything similar to what they do and I will lose my business.

My sites create a lot of incoming traffic so hence I'm worried as I rely on them to provide the members area service, as I dont have that facility only the front end side of things.

You are wrong IMHO.
If you use a white label you can always take your domain names back and keep any top-of-mind branding your advertising or network created -- at your expense.

You will retain your traffic that you developed (and possibly paid for --ads). Youi will retain any customer loyalty to your brand also

If the company you contracted with breached your affiliate agreement, or terminated you unilaterally: you are free legally to compete with them with your white label domain (ask your lawyer -- not legal advice). IMO, that is a party that has acted in bad faith -- payback is a bitch ;)

Last edited:
I own my domains and also the front end / sites are on my own servers.

I use their backend as they have the dating site of things and look after members I bring to the site.

I'm just worried now as I won't be able to find anything similar to what they do and I will lose my business.

My sites create a lot of incoming traffic so hence I'm worried as I rely on them to provide the members area service, as I dont have that facility only the front end side of things.

My advice to you is to move them asap. I moved all mine and they owe me a lot of commission that they now refuse to pay me, claiming that I did not tell them or give them advance notice! Can you believe that after the massive site cull they did early last year with no notice at all?

BTW, I was with them for many years. Check their web site right now. They claim that they share revenue with you, but that is not true. In actual fact they let you keep 100% of initial revenue, which is usually heavily discounted and they keep 95% of recurring revenue, which is where all the money is. Don't forget it's you who pays all the costs of acquisition and they keep the members.

When I moved my sites they wrote to all existing members claiming that my sites had merged with theirs? Can you believe it? They even sent out the emails with my site names and logos!

If you are already concerned about your stats, it's time to look for a new home for your sites.

Thanks maverick

I can't believe how the company has got in the last year, they were a really really good company to partner with up until a year ago.

I think the management has totally destroyed the business model

Can I ask where you moved your sites to ?

I'm just really stumped and worried as this is my livelihood that I've spent many years building to become the brand it is today.

I know if i move that my revenue/income will go to 0 straight away.

Thanks maverick

I can't believe how the company has got in the last year, they were a really really good company to partner with up until a year ago.

I think the management has totally destroyed the business model

Can I ask where you moved your sites to ?

I'm just really stumped and worried as this is my livelihood that I've spent many years building to become the brand it is today.

I know if i move that my revenue/income will go to 0 straight away.

Amy I am sorry, but I cannot disclose that for reasons of confidentiality. You are right though. All the good people have gone. Are you on their new commission structure? That could be why your stats are different to theirs. I can feel for you as affiliate dating was a great business and certainly they were once one of the leaders in that sector. Not any more. Also check out the member feedback online. None of it is complimentary.

Much depends on what niches you are in, as to whether your revenue will collapse or not, if you move your sites. I would like to help, but it's difficult to chat on here as it's a public forum.

Who is scamming who?
there-are-no-girls-on-the-internet.jpg

I understand.

Did you move to another company like white label dating OR did you set up your own full dating site with front and backend members area.

I understand.

Did you move to another company like white label dating OR did you set up your own full dating site with front and backend members area.

There are other providers out there. That is the best option. Setting up your own site and backend is costly and time consuming. Are you able to share how many sites you have and what niches?

I would like to help, but it's difficult to chat on here as it's a public forum.

If both parties agree, you can PM or use Skype.

Are there any basic steps or info that you can share with the community (that doesn't reveal any details you don't want to), so others can learn?

Hi Azgold,

Yes we could PM. When you refer to steps you could take, what do you mean? Please can you clarify?

I worry about writing too much, because White Label Dating/ Venntro/Global Personals are withholding my commission without cause and naturally I do not want go public, whilst I am trying to get it back. The best thing anyone can do in this situation, is to start by complaining to CMA. As you will know Venntro were investigated by CMA. CMA email is : general.enquiries at cma.gov.uk

Google : online-dating-giant-vows-clearer-path-to-love

From previous posts, you will be aware that they changed their revenue sharing scheme to a hugely disadvantageous share model. Details below.

And yet their web site claims this:

"We operate a fair and transparent revenue sharing model. That means we only make money when you do. You don’t pay any costs up front, we simply split the profits between your business and ours."

Google: white label dating how it works

That is completely UNTRUE. Their new revenue sharing scheme is actually this:

When you start you will be in the bottom tier. Let's assume that you make under £500 in initial revenue in month one: you will be entitled to 100% of initial revenue, 5% of re-initial revenue & 5% of re-bill revenue.

That is not splitting profits equally is it? Fact is the real money is in the rebills, because the rebills occur at full rate and not the usual discounted rate that people sign up on. On top of that, the affiliate bears all the acquisition costs and does not retain the members. So the affiliate does all the hard work and pays all the acquisition costs and WLD keep 95% of the rebill revenue PLUS 95% of the re-initial revenue!

My advice is steer well clear of this company, for that reason alone. There are others.

Amy should look for a new home for her sites, if she is worried about her revenue figures not tallying with theirs.

Bottom line is I know how she feels. It's difficult to find companies that you can trust. There are some out there that I am familiar with, but much depends on her site niches. Hope that helps.

The site wont let me post links, so I have done the best I can above.

So much for transparency. If you using your white label domains and DNS and not producing: Take the domain and it's traffic back if that can be salvaged.

Thanks, Maverick.

I didn't mean to ask you for details that you'd rather not discuss publicly. I was just wondering about any general advice that might help others and it seems that you have posted some.

Thanks, Maverick.

I didn't mean to ask you for details that you'd rather not discuss publicly. I was just wondering about any general advice that might help others and it seems that you have posted some.

No problem Azgold. Amy69 seems to have dropped out of the thread or at least has not responded, but I believe that the information that I have provided should allow others to make an informed decision and stay away from that company.

I see that you are a Mod on AF. Can you recommend any dating networks or other affiliate programs? I am looking for new opportunities. Many thanks!

Hi

Sorry not been around, I have just being researching.

It feels like my world has ended after what I'm reading. I did very well at wld but my revenue has dropped by 60% in the last 6 months.

I feel now after reading things, that perhaps I'm getting ripped off on the quiet and yet the response you get at wld is everything is fine. How can it be fine if I'm in this situation.

If this is the case that I'm getting ripped off then the company as certainly lost all morals and decency. They were never like this in all the years I've known them.

Are the same people running this company?

Can someone please tell me where I can join another company who will treat me better.

I cannot afford to set up a dating site back end plus the problem would be thst members will be 0 on a new site, making it so no one will want to join due to this

Please help

A

MI
Back