The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Which tracker do you use?

Moonboy

This 'Tracking' subforum contains a lot of threads from Trackers themselves, and technical questions, but no (recent) threads about which trackers everyones using/advicing.

Since I'm currently in debate between two trackers, I was wondering which trackers you guys are using and why you're using that one.

I'm currently using Bemob. Started using it because it's free, but I actually like it a lot. The UI is clear, straight forward and easy to use. The only downside I'm experiencing now, is that there's not option to import the costs from traffic sources. So I have to check costs manually in my traffic source.

That's why I'm currently checking out Voluum. The Automizer function (which imports costs from various traffic sources) is really a big plus for me. But with that comes a much higher cost compared to Bemob. As of now, the manual cost checking is doable, but once my spend increases and I'm running more campaign, I'm sure that it will become difficult to track everything.

Curious to hear what you guys are using!

Voluum can track cost information with an automatic or a manual method and store it in the platform.
  • Auto: With this option enabled, Voluum captures a value passed in a traffic source's payout token and matches it with Voluum's cost variable. In this scenario, Voluum only reads what is being passed to it.
  • Manual: When your traffic source platform does not support passing cost information, you can select an appropriate cost model and provide a fixed value. In this scenario, Voluum will actually count costs every time an event related to the selected cost model occurs.
  • Integrated: The cost information can be passed using a reliable API integration thanks to the Automizer feature. Read the Automizer article to learn more.
Voluum Note: The sources of the cost information are marked in Voluum with icons. To get a detailed description of what these icons mean, read the Cost sources article.

technical knowledge to setup API's

Any of the developers on Freelancer, Upwork, etc., can do that in under 30 minutes. Probably under 15 minutes. I haven't looked at the documentation, but I bet Bemob has straight forward guidance in their support area for DIY'ers.

Thanks for the input guys. I looked at the options to setup an API vs using Voluum with their Automizer integration and decided to go with Voluum.

One other question (not really related to my initial question): I once heard that it's best to use a separate domain for tracking and landing. So for example:

track.trackingdomain.com (tracking domain)
>
landingdomain.com (landing domain)

Instead of:

track.landingdomain.com (tracking domain)
>
landingdomain.com (landing domain)

Something about one of the domains being flagged as spam and getting issues with that. Is that correct? Or not necessary when you're running 'cleaner' traffic sources such as Taboola, Outbrain, RevContent, etc.?

Haven't used swagger myself but ...

It is best to keep them separate and even better to use a different IP for each of them. Most hosts provide you a dedicated IP with their hosting packages and will provide a second for a small fee or sometimes for free.

It is best to keep them separate and even better to use a different IP for each of them. Most hosts provide you a dedicated IP with their hosting packages and will provide a second for a small fee or sometimes for free.
Thanks for the tip, I will look into that!

email, SEO (organic) and bulk traffic for CPA(etc) are all unique issues.

Each domain (including sub domains) requires an additional lookup for DNS in a browser if the DNS for it is already not cached.

So, just what is your traffic flow and funnel?

I'm running native traffic. Funnel is ad > my landing page > offer page from the network/offer owner (if that's what you meant with the flow)

Spam is not an issue.
AD* Spyware may be but odds are it will be redirected by the tracker.
Tip: never use the names ad, banner or track in the domain name or the file names.

Thanks for the tip. Why is that though? Because in that case it might does get flagged as spam or something?

email, SEO (organic) and bulk traffic for CPA(etc) are all unique issues.

Each domain (including sub domains) requires an additional lookup for DNS in a browser if the DNS for it is already not cached.

So, just what is your traffic flow and funnel?

why? Could you please explain the reason? i am curious

Using dedicated IP's for the various aspects of your business helps to prevent cross contamination of challenges.

For example, I have dedicated IP's for each of my content sites. I have three dedicated IP's for my CPA funnels. I also use a dedicated IP for each of my trackers. If negative activities cloud, or impair, any of those IP's, the affected IP won't contaminate the status of the other IP's.

SPAM REPORT EXAMPLE, Notice that included in the spam report that email, username, IP, and origin country are tracked and reported.
SFSpam Example of Spammer.png

I'm running native traffic. Funnel is ad > my landing page > offer page from the network/offer owner (if that's what you meant with the flow)
Spam is not an issue.
AD* Spyware may be but odds are it will be redirected by the tracker.
Tip: never use the names ad, banner or track in the domain name or the file names.

MI
Back