The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Where to build website?

oregongal

affiliate
Hello,

I'm looking for advice on where to build a website. I have a domain name and a host but not sure where to go to start a new site. This will be my first attempt (other than a blog). I'm looking for something very, very easy to work with. I would like to make a single page that will be a landing page for the website I will be linking to as an affiliate for their products.

I would like to make it appealing graphically and will need to post pictures. If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them!
Thanks,
DIane

Here are a BUNCH for great resources for free website templates.
You can find GORGEOUS ones for free on some of the following sites.

http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...uggest-some-web-site-templates-resources.html

Just be sure to check for and evaluate if the template that LOOKS good willl also be good for SEO.

Also be sure to pick a template that works with what ever design software you plan to use.

Do you have Dreamweaver or any design software?
If not I have heard good things about Nvu and Website Baker which are both free.

Hi Linda,

How do I check a template to see if it's good for SEO? Also, I thought I could do everything at one place - get template and create site. I looked at nvu and it doesn't look all that easy. Maybe I just need to try it.
Thanks,
DIane

Well some hosts have templates and sitebuilders included with the hosting account but they typically arent very good and if it's a big host there already may be a bunch of people using the same template.

"How do I check a template to see if it's good for SEO??"

Well that's a little more involved to explain. Stear clear of really fancy templates with tons of graphics and flash - the type you might see on Template Monster.
There are just some fancy templates that LOOK good but don't function well for SEO. Hard to explain.

Search engines like plain readable text. Most of the templates you find at the resources I listed should be OK. A CSS template can be easier for a newbie to work with and also can produce some nice clean code for search engines.

Well some hosts have templates and sitebuilders included with the hosting account but they typically arent very good and if it's a big host there already may be a bunch of people using the same template.

This is more then true ... coming for sure from experience.
I would add that: you got to invest something in order to have visitors. The net is not like the real world ... and closing the tab/site is only one click away ... because on the net: there are a lot of sites ... just like yours.
So if the visitors ... doesn't like he goes for another one.
I don't think you want this to happen to your site.

MI
Back