The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Where do you get good developers for large projects?

Penner

affiliate
I have a web app idea (I looked up it here, from this article) and want to have it developed. The main problem is that I have not had too much success finding good developers for fairly large projects. This project would likely take 3 or 4 months for one developer to finish. I would estimate it would cost $20,000 to $50,000.

I know that most on here are marketers/entrepreneurs (that don't do their own development) so I thought this might be a good place to ask.

Has anyone here had success finding great developers that don't quit before the project is done? What websites are the best for a large project? Odesk? Elance? Local?

Last edited:
Peer recommendation is probably your best bet -- proven past success.
I have been working on developing a backend for a real estate web app/website all month.

A lot depends on what you want to do <<< how hard finding a competent developer. I know a team in Armenia that I have worked with but again it depends on what you want to do ...

Very stressful to choose the right person. I would agree that you need to check background carefully. I usually ask for the recommendation from my network- this way the chances to find proven professional are much bigger. Or use one of the source you mentioned, just make sure that the developer has proven records and maybe start this a small task just to test him.

MI
Back