The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

When a new user's first post ...

delete array for new users -- select all
--then uncheck the ones to keep
-- delete to 'space' the bots
upload_2021-2-15_13-14-44.png

It's probably a good idea to at least slow down the rate at which a new user can post...
Possibly limit the very first post to "introductions" and use admin moderation to post it...
For an example I see someone has just registered, his introduction post does not introduce him but some numbered list of "ideas"... And already 19 posts in a very short time...
Nothing against anybody being active but this looks like spamming to me... (but what do I know?)
@T J Tutor, seems like you got some cleaning ahead...
What about a blacklist of commonly used spammer urls or a list of common phrases to check against that are usually found in their spammy post text before a post is published? If a phrase or url is found the post must be modified or sent for approval?

Just some ideas :)

Most (99.999% (I used to have a company called 5Nines)) are caught in our two traps. One on the server that catches some monster offenders, and the others are trapped by our StopForumSpam integration. Hard to believe, but we trap thousands a week with these two traps. The ones that get through are using fresh IP's, fresh emails, or are first timers (this is most of the ones that get through I think).

I go through all of the ones trapped by the SFS Database because a few innocent ones get trapped there and I have to get them out of jail.

The ones that get through, well, you guys jump on them, tie them up, twist them into a pretzel, and leave them in a puddle of their own blood by the time I get to read your spam reports to me.:affiliatefix:

Or you could let them stick around and make views and when they post something it looks to them that it was published but in reality they are the only ones that see it.

banners
Back