The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Whats the difference between Keyword Targeting and URL Targeting ?

srijon

Hey guys,

I just got stuck here after watching a Webinar recently. The guy was showing how to setup a campaign and he was using URL targeting for a "Find A Job" offer.
So, I am confused with this two type of targeting techniques. Also he was talking about Pop Up and Pop Under PPV ads. Which one is better?

He showed examples of setting up a campaign with his account on DirectCPV.com Anyone have any experiences with them?

Thanks.

Hi Srijon,
In PPV, you can get traffic by bidding on two types of targets, they are urls and keywords. if you are bidding on a url say facebook.com then your ad will be displayed when a user types facebook.com in his browser, whereas if you bid on the keyword "lose weight" then your ad will pop up when a user types that in a search engine or his browser directly, though now-a-days leadimpact pops up your ad if they find the keyword anywhere on the page. It is best to start with targeting only urls when u start a campaign and move to keywords once u get the campaign profitable.

Also, pop up ads are better in my opinion as it is shown to the user on top of his current browser and if the offer is targeted and lucrative, you have a good chance to get a conversion. :)

chiruraaj, I know I didn't ask the question but I wanted to say thanks, anyway because I did not understand why 7Search was showing me web addys when I was picking keywords. Now, I understand, thanks to your explanation.

Hi Srijon,
In PPV, you can get traffic by bidding on two types of targets, they are urls and keywords. if you are bidding on a url say facebook.com then your ad will be displayed when a user types facebook.com in his browser, whereas if you bid on the keyword "lose weight" then your ad will pop up when a user types that in a search engine or his browser directly, though now-a-days leadimpact pops up your ad if they find the keyword anywhere on the page. It is best to start with targeting only urls when u start a campaign and move to keywords once u get the campaign profitable.

Also, pop up ads are better in my opinion as it is shown to the user on top of his current browser and if the offer is targeted and lucrative, you have a good chance to get a conversion. :)

Thanks for the good explanation. Can you recommend any good URL scraper? I wanted to use Greasemonkey URL Harvester, but it dosentwork anymore with google. I am using firefox 26.

Direct cpv is rubbish ... better use traffic vance or leadimpact ,

Yes, I am talking about LeadImpact Campaign Setup, that, should I go with URL or Keyword..

Thanks a lot for your Replys.

I used magicurlscraper in the past but it didnt work for me always so I stopped using it. Currently I scrape the targets manually from google using vpn for the offer country and then take additional urls by broswing through similarsites.com and finding matching domains on boxofads. :)

Hello everyone, can anybody tell me what is the use for url scrapper and how important is it in a goal to make money?

Hi chiruraaj,

1. Is leadimpact popover or popunder? Or is there option in there to choose

2. For manual scraping say you are promoting a dating offer in Norway. What would ur process of scraping using VPN for Norway be? I mean what do u key into Google to find the urls.

3. For dating offers in other language speaking countries, has direct linking worked?

Thank u v much!

MI
Back