The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

What's the best business advice that you listened to and brought success to you?

affmarketer101

Let's share your business advice that you listened to and made you successful in Affiliate marketing?

To me:
1. What was the advice:
There's a lot, but probably creating SOPs

2. Why didn't you listen
I was doing all the work myself and knew how to do it all so I assumed that it would be really easy to do once I needed them.

3. What changed your mind
When working on more complicated tasks, I realized I would forget how to do some parts the way I wanted (such as the various Sheet functions I needed to add or how to format the document) AND when I was WAY overloaded with work but couldn't pass off relatively simple tasks as I didn't have training on how to do it and didn't have the time to make it.

4. How has it helped you
It's something I'm still working on, but I've gotten a lot better at creating videos quickly that a VA can understand as well as recognizing when I'm doing a task that I could spend 10m on a video and send to a VA to save myself 4-5 hours of work. Some weeks, saving me on 20+ hours of work.

Let's share your business advice that you listened to and made you successful in Affiliate marketing?

To me:
1. What was the advice:
There's a lot, but probably creating SOPs

2. Why didn't you listen
I was doing all the work myself and knew how to do it all so I assumed that it would be really easy to do once I needed them.

3. What changed your mind
When working on more complicated tasks, I realized I would forget how to do some parts the way I wanted (such as the various Sheet functions I needed to add or how to format the document) AND when I was WAY overloaded with work but couldn't pass off relatively simple tasks as I didn't have training on how to do it and didn't have the time to make it.

4. How has it helped you
It's something I'm still working on, but I've gotten a lot better at creating videos quickly that a VA can understand as well as recognizing when I'm doing a task that I could spend 10m on a video and send to a VA to save myself 4-5 hours of work. Some weeks, saving me on 20+ hours of work.

never trust even yourself when it comes to business.

I found my idea for business in this article - 80 Small Business Ideas [July 2018],
now I have a profit on buying and selling web domains.

Last edited by a moderator:
У цій статті я знайшов свою ідею для бізнесу - 80 Small Business Ideas [July 2018]
тепер я отримую прибуток від купівлі та продажу веб-доменів.
can you speak english please ?.

Well, there is videoconferencing -- 2nd best to being face-to-face. If someone is being less than honest with you as to who they are they will refuse a video conference.

If someone wants to hire your development services they will want references from you -- you are entitled to a few references if you ask this of them (if they are an unknown client).

I don't like nickel-and-dime shit but if a job is over $100; being asked for a good faith deposit (especially on the first contract) of 1/3 of the agreed price is never a problem with me.

Sell yourself, sell the company, sell the product, and you won't have to sell the price!

and.......... 1 more because it is extremely important!

Start doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

From Joe Gerard, the only salesman in the Guinness World Records Book for most vehicles sold in a year, more than 1400 as a salesman. I knew Joe and worked with him as my coach in the 70's.

Then there is Elmer Wheeler: "Sell the sizzle, not the steak!". One of my favorites!

From Joe Gerard, the only salesman in the Guinness World Records Book for most vehicles sold in a year, more than 1400 as a salesman.

That's an inspiring article.

I have a doctor who sends out thank-you cards for referrals but not other occasions. I've known some vets who send out sympathy cards when one of their patients dies but that seems like closing the barn door after the horse gets out. :D

I knew Joe and worked with him as my coach in the 70's.

That must've been very cool!

Then there is Elmer Wheeler: "Sell the sizzle, not the steak!". One of my favorites!

I've heard that many times but never knew who said it, thanks.

As for me, it is the usage of EPR for my business. I have implemented some open source solutions, and they are really great, I have to say! I think you might like using them for you too, think about it ;)

Share your idea
Keeping the idea under seven keys for fear that someone else steals it may end up choking the business. The more feedback you receive, the more you comment and expose your first prototypes to critical evaluations, the quicker you will understand if you are on the right track or need to rectify your plan.actually I got this from my friend

MI
Back