“Adavice”/  “1Win

What will be more beneficial?

jonathan10387

affiliate
Hi all,

Just a quick question. What will be better for ranking in SERP-
Making continuous links using the same anchor text
or
Making links with different anchor text? (Obviously target URL is same in both cases)

The basic thing is that when a user search for something in the Google search engine, its not necessary that he/she will search using only one term. People uses different terms to find a relevant products and services. Thus, it would be better to use different anchor text (ie. keyword variations) to build backlinks, so that your website will rank for most of the possible keyword variations.

Yes, it would be much effective if you use different anchor text to target one single page, this way your website will rank in SERP for many more keywords. Especially, try to target long-tail keywords, as most of the searchers use long-tail keywords to find the most relevant results for their queries.

Pages tend to rank for a number of keywords, one of which is the primary term.
One thing us sure: no webpage should receive links with only the same anchor text. It needs to be mixed up a little.
You want to make sure though that a solid percentage, that is the majority of the anchor texts are for the main keyword.
The anchor texts should vary at least a little, for a more, let's say "natural" look.

Hi all,

or
Making links with different anchor text? (Obviously target URL is same in both cases)

obviously with same anchor text. the keyword against which you want to improve SERP, work on it.

I completely agree with Samlisa,using different anchor text will be more beneficial.I advice that always use different anchor text pointing to same site it will help in ranking.

If you abuse backlinking with the same anchor text, you might get penalized. However, since thats a technique your competitor could use to sink you down, then I dont really think it has a true effect

I think backlinks are important then anchor text so we should concentrate on backlinks not changing of anchor text again and again.

Hi all,

or
I would suggest you to go with different anchor text and different URLs to rank better in SERPs. Fact of the matter is that Google just loves natural linking. If your home page as well as inner pages are linked well with different anchor texts then it seems natural to Google and you will definitely rank high on search engines.

banners
Back