The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

What to do with my email list?

winrel

affiliate
Hi good day,

I need advice. I have a list and I want to segment them according to their best interest for me to filter the right people to matched with my products.

However, i cant think the best/appropriate way to approach them through an email that this list wont turn to waste.

im confused.

Hi, could you specify what email automation service do you use? MailChimp, GetResponse, or something different? The best way to segment your contact list according to their interests is to implement automated scenarios and product recommendation triggers inside your email service provider (ESP).

A triggered email is an automated email that is initiated by specified conditions or events. Triggered campaigns are behavior-oriented and are sent in response to a person’s action. Any contact behavior or related info can be set as a trigger:
  • profile details (birth date, location);
  • preferential patterns;
  • user’s actions (registration, click, abandoned browse on the website, etc.);
  • user’s inaction (absence of website visits and email opens) can be a trigger as well.
Thus, you can built an automated workflow and the AI of ESP will send the message with dynamic content based on client's behavior to your contact list.

Hope my answer was useful for you.

I have a list and I want to segment them according to their best interest for me to filter the right people to matched with my products.

How did you build this list?

What service/platform did you use for building the list?

Hi, could you specify what email automation service do you use? MailChimp, GetResponse, eSputnik or something different? The best way to segment your contact list according to their interests is to implement automated scenarios and product recommendation triggers inside your email service provider (ESP).

A triggered email is an automated email that is initiated by specified conditions or events. Triggered campaigns are behavior-oriented and are sent in response to a person’s action. Any contact behavior or related info can be set as a trigger:
  • profile details (birth date, location);
  • preferential patterns;
  • user’s actions (registration, click, abandoned browse on the website, etc.);
  • user’s inaction (absence of website visits and email opens) can be a trigger as well.
Thus, you can built an automated workflow and the AI of ESP will send the message with dynamic content based on client's behavior to your contact list.

You can read more about product recommedation features and triggered emails here:

For example, you can easily built such triggers in eSputnik. Anyway, I am sure any other email service can do it too.
Hope my answer was useful for you.
Thanks for the response, Im using MailChimp as an email automation service, but i did not get my email via that platform.

Your links are helpful, thank you very much. :)

I still did not use these emails for i dont want to misuse it.
Are you saying this is scraped data from a site you do not own?

If so, this is not a list you should use.

Yes, and these group of people are interested in my chosen products. So, I thought, i extract their emails and will send them emails introducing my products. But havent done it yet since im doubting if im doing the right way or if this is right, how can i segment these emails.

thanks for the responds

So, harvested emails for unsolicited email sends is unlawful in most democratic countries.

The CAN-SPAM Act doesn’t require initiators of commercial email to get recipients’ consent before sending them commercial email. In other words, there is no opt-in requirement. So in general, as long as you follow the “initiator” requirements of the Act, you can send email until the recipient asks to opt out. However, buying lists like that can be risky. There is the possibility that addresses on the list belong to people who have already opted out of receiving email, and there’s a risk that the list was put together using illegal means like address harvesting or dictionary attacks. Therefore, companies only send marketing email to people who have affirmatively asked to receive them or with whom the company already has a business relationship.

So, harvested emails for unsolicited email sends is unlawful in most democratic countries.

The CAN-SPAM Act doesn’t require initiators of commercial email to get recipients’ consent before sending them commercial email. In other words, there is no opt-in requirement. So in general, as long as you follow the “initiator” requirements of the Act, you can send email until the recipient asks to opt out. However, buying lists like that can be risky. There is the possibility that addresses on the list belong to people who have already opted out of receiving email, and there’s a risk that the list was put together using illegal means like address harvesting or dictionary attacks. Therefore, companies only send marketing email to people who have affirmatively asked to receive them or with whom the company already has a business relationship.

When it comes to monetizing email lists, I know many email marketers and companies that generate 5 to 6 and even 7 figures per month by sending CPA Offers and there are adding only unsubscribe links to the emails sent. Instead of ESPs there are using a custom mail servers.
By the way I live in a third world country which people break CAN-SPAM and GDPR laws LOL

I live in a third world country which people break CAN-SPAM and GDPR laws LOL

Which often results in the IP addresses getting blocked. Most proxy companies are now under scrutiny for supporting such activities and some have been shut down in the Americas. The 3rd worlds breaking these rules are also the reason why most affiliate networks and programs now block complete countries from doing business with them.

The cost of doing business for honest marketers is at least 50% higher, and in some cases 100% higher, because of the lame ass dirtbag scammers and law breakers.

There are a ton a spammers out there, but we do not recommend or approve of it. It is very easy to do business lawfully and earn big.

Ad Fraud Cost in the U.S. from 2011 to 2021 per Statista
$12.38 Billion - 2019
$13.76 Billion - 2020

There is nothing you can say to get me to laugh about fraud in our industry.

Regarding the SPAM laws --these create many legal obstacles for B2C communication.
You really need a consumer's prior consent to send them any commercial emails.

As far as being in some 3rd world shit-hole where you don't give 2 fks --well, no one will probably come get you so you can get away with spamming I suppose.

So, who is your market? If it's consumers: you cannot legally use a scraped email list (no consequence until you get caught). Now if you are dealing on a B2B level, you may have a bit more latitude but you do need some business relationship --how that is defined is a bit murky.

Best way to go is; to get the interested party's (the email recipient's) permission --an opt-in or some communication --then you have some business relationship.

Which often results in the IP addresses getting blocked. Most proxy companies are now under scrutiny for supporting such activities and some have been shut down in the Americas. The 3rd worlds breaking these rules are also the reason why most affiliate networks and programs now block complete countries from doing business with them.

The cost of doing business for honest marketers is at least 50% higher, and in some cases 100% higher, because of the lame ass dirtbag scammers and law breakers.

There are a ton a spammers out there, but we do not recommend or approve of it. It is very easy to do business lawfully and earn big.

Ad Fraud Cost in the U.S. from 2011 to 2021 per Statista
$12.38 Billion - 2019
$13.76 Billion - 2020

There is nothing you can say to get me to laugh about fraud in our industry.

You're absolutely right. Honestly I know some companies and friends in my country that have been generating $$$ till now and they have been using a custom methods to bypass spam filters on daily basis even if the IPs or domains got blocked. Also there are many affiliate networks that still accept email marketers outside US in exchange for generating a big revenue $$$.
Any way no one can share that kind of staretgies on a public forum nor on a paid trainings.
All the best for Honest email marketer!

MI
Back