The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

What is the difference between Landing Page and Home Page?

Home page: Hi it's me/us, here is what we do and maybe some deep links for the latest updates.

A Landing page is usually specific to some ad to sell something or accomplish some goal. It does have a dual meaning: the first page a person will see when entering a website from somewhere (a link maybe).

Technically a "home" page is the root index > /var/www/html/domain/index.html or ../path/public_html/index.php
Where a landing page might have a more relevant URL ../path/public_html/bubble-gum/index.php or similar or even ../path/public_html/bubble-gum/may-sale.php <SEO click-bait

Do landing pages help to generate more leads or get more traffic? is it true?
I think that a home page and landing page could refer to the same thing, but landing page is more commonly used in affiliate marketing and is understood or meant to be a page more enticing or tempting for a potential buyer. A typical landing page will mostly have fewer and bolder text, flashy images, a big call to action button, and or an easy to fill form on the home page.

Notice I subconsciously used a home page in the text. Well, a home page could just be referred as the main page of any website that connects/links to other pages on the website. I do think that a website could have a landing page and then a home page.

Might be safe to say, that a landing page could be referred to as the first page a user lands on while visiting a website, while the home page could be referred to as the main page on a website that connects/links to other pages on the website, in my opinion.

And yes, I forgot, landing pages could help to generate more leads or get more traffic, but they help especially in maintaining the traffic through collecting emails with forms, so you can create and establish cordial relationship with your customers.

There is a basic difference between Home page and a Landing page.

Home page is the front page of your website that everyone will see always. It is a general page and can be called as a 'face' of your website. In most of the cases you can display your websites tagline/ punchline, most recent posts list, slider images or banner, etc.

Landing page, on the other hand can be any other page in your website. The landing page can be specifically designed to display some information about your product, services, offers, contest, etc. It is basically used to capture leads, registration forms or any other promotional campaigns. This is the page where a user lands first if you are running an advertisement campaign.

The homepage of your site sets the stage. A landing page allows visitors to accomplish a specific goal. Landing pages convert more traffic because they are focused on one goal or call to action by providing information about a specific offer or item.

There is a basic difference between Home page and a Landing page.

Home page
is the front page of your website that everyone will see always. It is a general page and can be called as a 'face' of your website. In most of the cases you can display your websites tagline/ punchline, most recent posts list, slider images or banner, etc.

, on the other hand can be any other page in your website. The landing page can be specifically designed to display some information about your product, services, offers, contest, etc. It is basically used to capture leads, registration forms or any other promotional campaigns. This is the page where a user lands first if you are running an advertisement campaign.
That's right.

Home pages show general information, and encourage visitors to explore. Landing pages are much more Focused on an exact point, like a CTA, etc.

I really don't think these terminologies matter much. It's only necessary to create a web page to achieve what you intend to achieve with it. What it is called is just the name.

Agreed. A homepage is more general, and descriptive and makes visitors explore around while a landing page is more specific about a certain part/product and drives visitors to accomplish a specific goal.

I really think the website page-naming schema was in adaption to the web browser schema

1662978648948.png

with the meaning --go back to the beginning ;)

In any case, the difference is that the homepage is the face of the company/brand/service, and the landing page is for sales. The home page is extremely important for Google while a landing page simply promotes sales. At least, that's how I see it.

landing page simply promotes sales

A landing page is generally used to pre-sell an offer. It carries the load from the creatives angle and hook. The trigger(s) on the lander(s) will then encourage the visitors actions to provide a name and email for our lists before encouraging the visitor(s) to engage the link(s) to any offers page(s).

SERPS do not rank landers.

MI
Back