The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What is Google's 60 Penalty?

amit87

affiliate
I was surfing the internet and researching, got a point which confused me and it's "Google's 60 penalty".

On further investigating on the topic get some points regarding it:

In this penalty Google penalize the sites generating sitelinks which are generally for the NO. 1 position but on penalizing by Google the Ranking drops and the site can show sitelinks on the position No. 60.

This is something which is very amazing as i noticed it first time. So, please tell me why Google implement this penalty and what should be done to avoid this penalty??

Thanks

Amit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I doupt that there would be any connection between authority sites and the 60's penalty. I think that the unnatural backlinks might be the root cause of this penalty: site-wide links, same anchor text at a lot of site.

Thanks Bagi for your precious reply. But, when i researched on the topic i found this same thing happening to an authority site in which it came down to 64th position from No. 1 but was still showing sitelinks.

So, it can be a bug or penalty according to me no exact answers for the question for me.

Amit

I think where Google is concerned it becomes very difficult to know exactly why something like this happens or where the root indeed lies!

Trying to second Google! hmmmmmm

MI
Back