The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

What if the offer-supplied Landing Page is already awesome?

ballstatus

affiliate
Hello,

First, I thank everyone on this forum for offering a much more welcoming and polite atmosphere for newbies compared to another large affiliate forum (that I won't name), which seemed much more intolerant. So I appreciate it.

My main question is that I am currently learning about creating landing pages and such, and I understand it is always highly recommended to create a landing page that then leads to the main offer page.

However, I have noticed that many offers provide an already-awesome landing page that is mobile-optimized, with a clear call to action and the whole page focuses on the "Why?" of why the person should buy/sign up.

In this case, what would be the reason or need for yet another landing page that I create, when there is no way that I can offer better design or persuasion that what is already shown? I feel like I would just be duplicating the offer's landing page, creating redundancy.

Thanks for any help.

Welcome to Affiliate Fix Ballstatus! :)

Thats awesome that the offer has an excellent landing page.
I would test it against a few of my own creatives.

Let the traffic decide which is better.
Test, test, test. everything. Well almost everything.....:):affiliatefix:

Most of the offers pages are NOT awesome. Some of them are, but there's always an angle you can crack to make it work better.
Also, consider the load speed, redirects, etc. which you won't be able to control and other things like CTR.

Finally, I can tell you every time an affiliate tells me a lander is awesome and I see it, it's not as awesome as they think. The data and conversions will tell you the truth. Many new affiliates use it to find an excuse not to use landers and be lazy, which at the ends means less money or unprofitable campaigns.

Dude, it's all about angles baby!

For instance if you’re promoting an email submit “Win An IPad” offer– one angle might be survey; in which for the users to claim their free IPad they must complete a survey

OR they’re the weekly lucky winner of an IPad

OR answer a quiz to get the free Ipad

So can you see 3 landing pages here for 1 offer ? You dig ?

Here's another example i call this the "Exclusivity angle" I used it back in the day when dating campaigns was allowed on facebook - I set up the funnel so that when a user signs up with their name, email and just before they are redirected to credit card page where they can pay the trial fee - a some sort of "loading" screen page appears which i threw up with Jquery, CSS.
While the loader was animating left to right - a text said "Checking Availability"....and then briefly before it redirected to the payment page - an animated text said Congrats, You Qualify Today!

Doing just that decreased the number of people dumping the payment page!!

This was back then but told you so you can get an idea as i can understand you're clueless about landing pages -

So don't use networks' landing pages - you're limiting your campaign to one selling point (angle) as you need to be a able to test multiple angles.

But you're in luck - you have competitive intelligence tools - you can steal:ninja: research a ton of competitors' landing pages they are using to stack $$$$....

Swipe, Improve and Deploy or sometimes just Swipe and Deploy only;):cool:

Last edited:
Thank you all for your replies.

I think I am understanding better now the value of the landing page. I honestly thought landing pages were just one shot, one design to recap the benefits of the offer -- like "I have a free iPhone for you to win! Click Here now..." Shows how new I am...

Anyway, thank you all very much. I appreciate the help!!

banners
Back