The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What CTR For What Rank in Google?

hamncheese

affiliate
Hello,

I just wanted to share, and open a discussion on CTR based on what position you are listed on google under a specific search term.

I have a few sites that rank #2 and even #1 for a few keywords on google.

My #2 positions get me about 4-8% CTR, while #1 gets me about 30% CTR.

What are your findings???

To me it seems that CTR gets more and mrore diluted b/c google is getting a litte greedy and starts to flood the results with adds.

Also, what are your thoughts on increasing CTR by using some of the following:

1. google checkout (shows an extra logo + builds trust)
2. mcafee secure (shows an extra logo + builds trust)
3. get an internal site ranked to have two results showing and to take on more space on the page
4. Any other thoughts/tips/suggestions

Looking forward to the discussion.

Warm Regards,

HP

what are your thoughts on increasing CTR by using some of the following:

1. google checkout (shows an extra logo + builds trust)

I'm not sure it builds trust, personally, especially since there are more than a few reports that Google Checkout is buggy. Additionally, it's only available to merchants in the US and UK at the moment, for reasons which I can't determine. I supsect the PayPal logo has more clout at this point.

2. mcafee secure (shows an extra logo + builds trust)

Again, McAfee Secure is buggy and one huge problem is that the update process is slow. I doubt that this will influence click-through rates at all, especially now that Google search includes its own warnings.

3. get an internal site ranked to have two results showing and to take on more space on the page

I have no idea what you mean by this.

I have no idea what you mean by this.

=) Maybe I wasn't very clear on this... What I meant is: Sometimes you have your home page ranked that is followed by an indented listing of an internal page. I hope this makes more sense. Btw, what is this called?

Thank you for your suggestions!

HP

=) Maybe I wasn't very clear on this... What I meant is: Sometimes you have your home page ranked that is followed by an indented listing of an internal page. I hope this makes more sense. Btw, what is this called?

Thank you for your suggestions!

HP

Those are called sitelinks. There's not a lot you can do to "get" these if you don't have them and they are search-term-specific even if you do have them.

I don't think he means site links and I don't know what he's referring to is called either.
He's talking about…

When some sites have home page and description

Then under it indented, a 2nd listing like an about page with complete description.

No, on 5 Star he's not talking about all the short links under the top listing. Those are site links.

He's talking about the full listing that's indented 4th one down under the blog.
The 1st blog listing is the homepage, then indented under it is a full listing of an individual page.
Maybe we're not explaining well and I should take a screen shot.

Oh, okay. I don't know what those are called, either. But they occur when more than one page from a site ranks more-or-less equally for that specific search term.

Here's another example: ottawa psychologists - Google Search

For the psychlinks example, it lists both the home page and the "About Dr. Baxter" page. In order to get those, you need to ensure that both (all) pages are optimized for the specific search term.

banners
Back