The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What are acceptable forms of link baiting?

agent

affiliate
SEO's are using the term linkbaiting to mean acceptable ways to get backlinks. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Well, I think linkbaiting tends to be used for when you give someone incentive to link back to you without money exchanging hands for example, I set up a directory and say to be listed high in my directory, you need to link to sitexyzDotCom , that is a good case of link baiting as i understand it

Agent, i think link baiting is the most difficoult, but the most natural way to get backlinks. It means that your content is so valuable that it indicates your visitors to link to it.

Link Baiting is just like fishing. You publish a new page on a topic and set it free on the web. Hopefully others pick up on the content as fresh and interesting and link to it. The article is the bait, and the link is the catch.
:)

From the sounds of it the topic should be "What are unacceptable forms of link baiting". Since everyone seems to agree that its a very acceptable and healthy way to gain inbound links and google likes this.

Maybe writing about distateful or controversial subjects that might offend people are unacceptable ways of link baiting but i don't think theres many of us here that write such content? :p

Link Baiting is just like fishing... The article is the bait, and the link is the catch.
:)

Well that was an obvious metaphor, but an excellent one! Up until I saw an SEO the orther day charging thousands for link baiting, I had just equated it as a kind of spamming. Now, I just have to decide on what type of lure to use. Thanks.

Keep people in mind and don't use greedy or corrupt lures.

Having said this i don't think search engine bots can distinguish greed or corruption you would be more likely to piss people off lol

Well that was an obvious metaphor, but an excellent one! Up until I saw an SEO the orther day charging thousands for link baiting, I had just equated it as a kind of spamming. Now, I just have to decide on what type of lure to use. Thanks.

There is nothing unusual in charging thousands for this. Link baiting is much more art and creativity than technique. This is why there are not many excellent link baiters today... In order to create that "Buzz" you'll need a lot of research of your niche, a lot of inspiration hence the price you saw.
Wish you good luck with your project. If you need any help, drop me a PM and I might be able to help you through my seo company

Cheers

One nice way I know is if you have nice content and rss feeds and if other auto blog guys picks it, you get free back links from them.

Not really sure of others.

banners
Back