The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Website,squeeze pages, blogs, autoresponders

busygal49

So many questions...so many things to do. I have learned in a short time it takes work work and more work.
I am trying to put together an internet shopping with many different avenues from affiliate products to local stores and businesses. I really enjoy building my site but it is very time consuming. How can I get it up quick then work on it steadily to increase the products? I have learned about squeeze pages and would like to get one up to get an email list. I just haven't learned how to do it yet. Could use some help there. Should I start a blog on my mall site if so..how can I do that? Your words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Denise

So many questions...so many things to do. I have learned in a short time it takes work work and more work.

I am trying to put together an internet shopping with many different avenues from affiliate products to local stores and businesses.

How can I get it up quick then work on it steadily to increase the products?

I have learned about squeeze pages and would like to get one up to get an email list. I just haven't learned how to do it yet. Could use some help there.

Should I start a blog on my mall site if so..how can I do that? Your words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Denise. I hear your excitement, but suggest slowing down a tad and doing one thing at a time.

The way I perceive you attacking this right now is: You want to build a house... so you poured concrete under the bedroom, put one wall in the living room up, and now want to run out and buy the oven even though there is no floor or walls in the kitchen yet. So you've run around and started all these parts of your house but it's not sustainable. What happens when it rains? You have no foundation and no walls and no roof. Does that make sense???

You need a solid foundation (a niche, a site, good content) then you need the walls to support everything (lots of target traffic). Until you start getting good TARGETED traffic you don't need to worry about a squeeze page or lots of the other things. That's sorta like buying the oven before you even have a floor. ;)

I strongly recommend NOT starting with a mall type site and selling a bunch of different products. It's too scattered for a newbie and you could burn out before you make a dime

I recommend FOCUS on ONE niche with 1 - 5 RELATED products max (just to start) and a niche that is NOT Internet marketing or make money online.The MMO market is fun and exciting and hooks you into the 'dream' and a false sense of potential earnings.

You get so excited you know everyone else will be too and then you have a bunch of newbies with no money or online skills TRYING to sell to each other while the experienced sharks in that market who know all the tricks and have all the bonuses close all the sales.

Trust me I know! If I were just starting out that's exactly where I'd be starting too. I know because I've bitten hard by that bug too, when I 1st started working online.

Since then I've seen THOUSANDS of affiliates that go down that path fail. It's exciting like a drug but if 2 months later you have not made a dime you can't sustain it.

Not trying to be harsh, just hitting you with a dose of reality which I hope can help you avoid some wasted time and heartache.

Thanks for the life jacket

I have been learning so much my head is spinning. It makes sense what you are saying. The mall is something I have been working on for a very long time but getting nowhere. I was working on that long before I learned any of this new stuff...like squeeze pages..didn't have a clue what that was. But I want so badly to succeed in this so that in 2 years I can take this online business and move to Orlando where my daughter and I want to move so she can go to college there.

Ok I am slowing down (Thank you I needed that). Now I concentrate on 5 or so products in my niche which is something else I have not figured out yet. I like kitties, book-keeping, web-design, learning, robotics. What would be a good niche for someone who like those types of things. So I find my niche and build a site with 5 or so products...correct?

In searching for a niche to I look to see if there are affiliate products for the things I am interested in?

Thanks Linda...I feel like I can breath now!!!

Denise

WOW what a great post...I have just been going through the same thing that Denise wrote about..Running around in circles trying to learn everything and figure out how to make things work..Now that I am focused on a couple of products I feel like a load is taken off my shoulders. I am determined to succeed however long it takes LOL...Thanks Again Linda for such a great Forum ;)

I haven't jumped in full stream yet, I am in the research stage of my leap now.

Step back and look at what you have done and slow down a bit. I know it is difficult to understand the full value of everything, and being new myself I am very tempted by the very things I need to avoid for now (like promoting two MMO ebooks that I totally love and gave me direction... and PPC).

I will admit, building a list is my next test, although by nature of the beast... it will NOT be a test, I am now testing a few niches that I plan to step into more permanently.

I have subscribed to Travis Sago's Bum Marketing list and I will say that he throws a lot of valuable information out there (for free). Of course, part of the deal is knowing that I will be pitched to (noooo more Mass Control emails!!!)

Fair trade to me. Today he sent out 3 free reports on how to decipher a niche and how to attack it once you know the hot buttons. He is all about the free/low cost methods, so it is definitely a great place to start. He is big on article writing (which most of us will end up doing at some point, or hiring it out).

You can join his list at bummarketingmethod .com . Read his bum marketing method stuff at some point. If you do it today you might still get the free reports.

In searching for a niche to I look to see if there are affiliate products for the things I am interested in?/QUOTE]

You definitely should. Having an interest in the products yourself (or owning it) will give you a much needed advantage in startup. Having tested the theories posted on this site, I find it much easier promoting something I'm interested in opposed to something I just try to promote for money.

I have been testing a niche (and one product related to it) that I am a part of (well used to be), and speaking from experience... it took me all of 45 minutes to write 5 articles. When I tried to speak for a product that I had no interest in, the articles took much longer (even if I had more interest in what the product essentially promotes.)

MI
Back