The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Website in multiple languages

lala56

affiliate
Hi there,

It is addictive. I had so much great help in the complete beginners section (thanks to Temi again) that I want to try to solve some questions with regard to SEO.

I have this website in English with all possible SEO work done (created it about a year ago). Now I added other languages. The user can choose via little flags which language version he or she would like to see. In those pages there are the appropriate meta tags created with regard to the content of each page. Now, just a very stupid question: Would I have to submit those language versions also to DMOZ and the Yahoo Directory? Or do they include them anyway as they have the English version listed? Is there anything else I need to do or think about when having the site in multiple languages?

:D lala

Too stupid of a question?

Hi guys,

Receiving no replies to my post I just wondered if I offended anyone with the simplicity of my question. I am sorry if I did.

Should I ask such basic SEO question better in the complete beginners section?

lala

Hi there,
Would I have to submit those language versions also to DMOZ and the Yahoo Directory? Or do they include them anyway as they have the English version listed? Is there anything else I need to do or think about when having the site in multiple languages?

:D lala

Lala,
I am sure you did not offend any one, your post must have been over looked somehow.
I see no reason not to submit the non English language pages of your site to the appropriate countries in Yahoo an DMOZ but the chances of getting approved in either director is very very slim (But I could be wrong)

I will suggest you submit the pages to the aforementioned directories and smaller web directories, you get approved easily in smaller directories.
Good luck :)

Great

Thank you Temi!

I am glad I did not do anything wrong:) I will do as advised and see what is going to happen...

lala

Good luck lala, what other languages is your site in? I may know a directory or two you may want to submit it to
Temi

Many languages

Do you then speak all of those languages? That is impressive. I just have my English, German and basic French.

lala

Just like you lala I speak some German, a little bit of French but not the other languages, however some of my staff are Romanian and Hungarians, the are the one who helped me set up the Hungarian and Romanian site. The Dutch site was in collaboration with a Dutch friend :)

If needed

Now I understand.

Still, if you ever get any question that involves the German language, please let me know. I am German (in fact, my English was really bad when I arrived in the UK almost 7 years ago) and I would be more than happy to be of assistance.

lala

Thanks for the kind offer Lala, I will bear it in mind if I ever need help with German. Your English is perfect now, what a transformation in seven years :)

I learnt German at University many years ago but because I do not use it very often I have now lost it :(. Every year, I go to a place in Poland called Zielona Gora.... I am usually forced to speak my rusty German when I am there, many people speak German there but not English :(.

Very interesting

I am amazed that they still use German. I would have though they gave it up long time ago...

lala

The town used to be part of Germany before WW2 so older people there speaks German, its also very close to Berlin (just over 2 hours) so lots of visitors from Berlin there every weekend. If you are a shopkeeper speaking German will ensure you sell more :)

That makes sense, especially with regard to the fact that many people do not speak a second language. Good that you have a good command of German, this makes it easier.

Have to go now, enjoy the rest of the day:)

lala

banners
Back