The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Web site performance

nancy1

affiliate
Among many things that helps us improve the website performance YSlow is one such thing that does a thorough check of the website and suggests remedial measures that bring the site on the track. This service comes with a firefox add-on and firebug web development tool.

Its a really nice & powerful tool. It tells each & everything which a website is lagging & also provides some kind of help to rectify. Anyways thanks for the suggestion.

I would like to also add that you should make sure all your scripts on your website are optimized and coded to run lightly on the server and move your site to a VPS or Dedicated Server if it is starting to load slower than usual.

Good to see someone focussing on website performance - improves the experience for users and gets a positive mark from Google. I'd say if you're on shared hosting then a VPS would be the next step up, and will allow you to offer faster speeds. I did a quick Google and was going to post a link but apparently I'm not allowed to yet! A quick Google should sort you out.

I never really took to using Firefox and prefer to use Chrome nowadays.

I'm not sure about many of the firefox tools, in fact not really any online tools all seem to give different results! However I also have started using google chrome which is a lot faster!

Yes shared hosting is a good starting point but soon you will want to move to a dedicated server.

We use godaddy , there help and support is great compared to 1&1 web hosting anyway.

I personally hate 1&1 web hosting , there are just a total scam

banners
Back