The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Web pushes. Does it still work?

Eduard Benetskiy

affiliate
Hey guys,
I am new to AM, and have been trying web pushes for a few offers (weight loss, sweeps). Many-many clicks received but no even 1 conversion.
Do push notifications work in 2019?

WELCOME ABOARD ...
thumbsup.png

━━━●──────────────
Question threads here pls:

Newbie Helpdesk
Traffic Specifically:
Traffic Sources - General

That said, have you considered that the offer or its funnel might be bad?

Can you prove the garbage with logs or any real data? Or is that just your opinion?
I am not agreeing or disagreeing with you --but I find TRUTH more enlightening than opinion or innuendo ...
regarding traffic quality and the quality of some offer.

1. Push traffic -- if the source is not disclosed that eliminates one possible metric.
  2. So, you are left with only the user characteristics and attributes
  3. and then; the landing page trail and the offers conversion metrics with that traffic.
Have you proven the offer's validity and it's conversion ability with any form of referrals (organic, social media, PPC, paid ad network sources). That is the hard part can you ever sell the deal --or is it just a waste of time?

Weightloss is very overworked and lacks any real credibility IMHO. Could the problem be the people that see the offer are skeptical and decide no [x].

Do you have any statistics at the offer;
of the traffic's, (let's call them people as that is what they are at this point -- referred persons), reactions; time on site, bounce rate, cart and cart abandonment?

The traffic could be shit, or; the offer could be shit, or both could be total crap.

Without any real data there is no answer -- that is my point.
The bad part is that you have to pay to get the data --good or bad --it costs you.

At least 90% of advertising is wasted money -- the 10% that can make money comes with it (hopefully -- and many times not) :(

At least 90% of advertising is wasted money -- the 10% that can make money comes with it (hopefully -- and many times not) :(

An interesting statistic that seems unbelievable.

Push traffic works for sure. If you're direct linking you will probably have a hard time getting it to work at a decent ROI.

Hey guys,
I am new to AM, and have been trying web pushes for a few offers (weight loss, sweeps). Many-many clicks received but no even 1 conversion.

SIMPLY: YES YES YES YES YES!

Consider yourself pushed!

I sign up for all kinds of push notifications because they do work and because I can spy on who is using them, then test similar campaigns for myself.

push notifications work different for different types of traffic. Native banners, banners and especially popunder/popup are more money makers still.

I think the main thing is here understanding that push traffic behaves differently on Desktop and different on Mobile. I am using behaving since It's real human beings that are responding differently on different devices. If you just ignore that your missing a key targeting feature. When something is on your mobile device in comparison to on your desktop, it's just different.

Desktop push isn't dead, it just works on specific offers better than mobile and vice versa.

I think the right question is why do you know it's good (or bad) -- traffic, clicks, funnel, offer?
You don't offer any data of the above to base any opinion on in your specific instance ...
Just that you said -0- total loss ...
General questions can only have general answers.

Everybody is a liar to some degree ...

500 - 1000 of the same events don't lie (usually) but their finding may change with time.
Making matters worse, traffic networks traffic patterns are never going to be identical.

SEM (Search engine ads) are pretty consistent. However, vary by topic/item/product as far as the real CTR.

Each change in your funnel and its copy ([sales|promo|value proposition]) or actual progression will require more testing. 5 variations will cost 5 trials. Better make sure the ads are validated FIRST. Otherwise, the results are meaningless.

Hey guys,
Still many guys crush into it and spend lot money for it--> It works, Suggest you try another way to approach it. Many resources in our forum about it, Dig it

Last edited:
Would you like to pay for all the ads I buy that don't convert and I'll keep the ones that do convert? Of course not only a fool would do that.

that's like saying there are more grains of sand in the world than there are diamonds ...
what is each unit worth?
if my customer wants to fill their sandbags i won't be able to sell diamonds to them.

banners
Back