The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Watch out for this CPA Network Swindle

Affiliate086

Watch out for this CPA Network Swindle. They use it to steal your angles.

I am going to explain what they do, and then what you can do to protect yourself.

Let's say you are running a dating offer, you find a killer angle after investing $20,000 in testing a lot of angles/banners, and your CR is amazing. Say 20% on an SOI offer.

The network notices this, and right away sends in their creative genius to investigate by talking you around. All is well, they tell you, then a few days later they say, the leads aren't backing out for the advertisers, he really needs to know if you are running compliant so you can stay on the offer.

OK, because you are doing really well, making good ROI, you say I AM NOT RUNNING ANYTHING that isn't allowed, and show them your angles to prove this.

They say OK, and that's that. Next day they ask you to pause until the 'advertiser' investigates. And soon enough you are off the offer, and the network has stolen your angles and is giving it to their internal media buyers to run.

This happens more often than you think, this is a standard network swindle to uncover angles using fear. Using fear the exact same way we used fear to get people to install apps on their android phones, remember the YOU'VE GOT A VIRUS! Get this app to clean it now angle? Yea, same thing.

So what can you do to protect yourself? You need to buy super dirt cheap shit traffic, and get your super high CR down to really shitty number, so the network doesn't see how amazing you are doing and get ideas to steal your angles!

You heard it here first, at a cost of $0.00.

Credits- Attila

* PS: It has happened with me in the past, so you guys should watch out and this can happen with any network, no matter how old they are or how reputable they are, you just have to figure it out by yourself that if the AM is trying to get the angle out of you.

** If this thread is in a wrong section, move it.

I wrote about this a couple of years ago and again last year. I have had this happen to me twice in those periods by two major networks. It doesn't happen often. Both networks wanted to know why I stopped promoting their offers afterwards and I spelled it out for them. Both asked me to come back and it would never happen again. I did go back, and it has never happened again with either of them.

I wrote about this a couple of years ago and again last year. I have had this happen to me twice in those periods by two major networks. It doesn't happen often. Both networks wanted to know why I stopped promoting their offers afterwards and I spelled it out for them. Both asked me to come back and it would never happen again. I did go back, and it has never happened again with either of them.

Would you like to mention these networks just for the sake of information?

Would you like to mention these networks just for the sake of information?

No, I don't want to out anyone at this time. The issues were investigated by the networks and they have been screening advertisers regarding this issue since. They are policing the advertisers and preventing their internal media buyers from getting access to the data these days. There was a lot of discussion over the past two years about these issues and most of the industry shaped up and put measures into place to prevent this. Frankly, I was surprised to hear that has happened recently.

No, I don't want to out anyone at this time. The issues were investigated by the networks and they have been screening advertisers regarding this issue since. They are policing the advertisers and preventing their internal media buyers from getting access to the data these days. There was a lot of discussion over the past two years about these issues and most of the industry shaped up and put measures into place to prevent this. Frankly, I was surprised to hear that has happened recently.
Yeap plenty of sharks out there, gotta watch your back!

MI
Back