The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Voluum - The Ultimate Guide!

Hi Servandersilva,
I want to user landing page but I m confusing
1. What is of banner? Is it the voluum setup as in 2 below?
2. In Landing page we put vouluum setup link to the offer
3. How to track Banners?

Hi Servandersilva,
I want to user landing page but I m confusing
1. What is of banner? Is it the voluum setup as in 2 below?
2. In Landing page we put vouluum setup link to the offer
3. How to track Banners?

Hello man. let me see if I got your questions:

1. What about the banner? The banners are uploaded to the traffic network. Not voluum.
2. if you want to use a landing page, you need to add it in Voluum. you can find the click URL to the offer in the same page where you found your postback URL.
3. If you want to track banners, you need to use subids and pass the creative tokens from your traffic source. Otherwise, Voluum is not able to know which banner is sending you the traffic that converts.

Which traffic source are you using?

Hi Servandosilva,
Thank you so much. Now I'm using Buzzcity.
More question:-

How to test Voluum link that it work correct or not?

Hi Servandosilva,
Thank you so much. Now I'm using Buzzcity.
More question:-

How to test Voluum link that it work correct or not?

You can go to your link and see if it works. At least trough the landing page, because once you get to the offer, you'd need to simulate you're an a mobile device with the selected carrier and proper country.

For some reason my link on my lander is now saying ' Error 400

Visit data was missing when handling click. To redirect a click, you must go through your campaign URL. Details: URL parameter 'voluumdata' is missing. '

Any idea what is up?

On some browsers the link on my lander takes me to the offer, on some browsers it doesnt.

more times it doesnt.

annoying.

what shall i do?

lander is set up correctly in voluum.

campaign set up correctly in voluum too.

cheers.

For some reason my link on my lander is now saying ' Error 400

Visit data was missing when handling click. To redirect a click, you must go through your campaign URL. Details: URL parameter 'voluumdata' is missing. '

Any idea what is up?

On some browsers the link on my lander takes me to the offer, on some browsers it doesnt.

more times it doesnt.

annoying.

what shall i do?

lander is set up correctly in voluum.

campaign set up correctly in voluum too.

cheers.

Your link is fine.
It will show you that error because you went straight to the lander without your campaign's link.

Think about this: If all the links for your landers are the same (http://track.example.com/click), how does Voluum knows which offer you're promoting?

The key is they need to got rough your voluums link. Otherwise it won't know which campaign and offer you're running.

Hi Servandosilva,
I found this link feedback.voluum.com/forums/239219-voluum-features-improvements/suggestions/6232006-banner-tracking-and-refresh-button

About tracking banners on voluum link.

1.setup banner as "Custom Variable" like this >i.imgur.com/b7mnDNA.png
2.edit your tracking URL referencing your banner ad creative >
voluumtracker/a9432d5-80c7-43a5-9cae-4327a03432?c1=banner1
voluumtracker/a9432d5-80c7-43a5-9cae-4327a03432?c1=banner2

Hi Servandosilva,
I found this link feedback.voluum.com/forums/239219-voluum-features-improvements/suggestions/6232006-banner-tracking-and-refresh-button

About tracking banners on voluum link.

1.setup banner as "Custom Variable" like this >i.imgur.com/b7mnDNA.png
2.edit your tracking URL referencing your banner ad creative >
voluumtracker/a9432d5-80c7-43a5-9cae-4327a03432?c1=banner1
voluumtracker/a9432d5-80c7-43a5-9cae-4327a03432?c1=banner2

Yeah.
You can track banners with custom variables. That's the only way I know. You need to fill in your tokens for the traffic network when adding a traffic source and it should be ready.

Thanks for the info.

Yeah.
You can track banners with custom variables. That's the only way I know. You need to fill in your tokens for the traffic network when adding a traffic source and it should be ready.

Thanks for the info.

I set c8 on my traffic source as banner and it automatic added to voluum link. But I did not see any clicks of each banner on report. Do you know how to see number of clicks for each banner.

Yeah.

Thanks for the info.

I set c8 on my traffic source as banner and it automatic added to voluum link. But I did not see any clicks of each banner on report. Do you know how to see number of clicks for each banner.

In the report's dashboard of any offer, you'll see parameters like phone, model, OS and more.

If you added it as a custom variable, then at the end of the columns there's a custom variables report to check those.

Joined the dojo to finish reading this lol. And signed up for ASO too.

Thanks for all the great info!

You won't regret it :)

Fell free to ask me anything if you have questions about how to set up something with Voluum :)
Also, don't forget to download the landing pages that have been posted inside the dojo.

Are we supposed to do anything on the VPS server side? ie. create subdomain for (track.mydomain) or change something in WHM?

I followed the guide step-by-step, but when I try to verify DNS settings in Voluum, I get this:
------
CNAME validation error

Your current DNS configuration:
No A or CNAME records found for this domain.

Your DNS configuration should contain this record:
(track.mydomain) IN CNAME (mytrackercode.trackvoluum)
------
Sorry can't post links yet, had to generalize links in brackets. Also, I have my godaddy set up like in the guide except with my own tracker code. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Are we supposed to do anything on the VPS server side? ie. create subdomain for (track.mydomain) or change something in WHM?

I followed the guide step-by-step, but when I try to verify DNS settings in Voluum, I get this:
------
CNAME validation error

Your current DNS configuration:
No A or CNAME records found for this domain.

Your DNS configuration should contain this record:
(track.mydomain) IN CNAME (mytrackercode.trackvoluum)
------
Sorry can't post links yet, had to generalize links in brackets. Also, I have my godaddy set up like in the guide except with my own tracker code. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

It can take a few hours until the CNAME spreads and gets validated. Give it 2-6 hours and check again.

The VPS is for your landing pages. You don't need it to setup direct linked offers.

Regards.

Just one question, when using Voluum with Peerfly can we set up a Global postback, or do we need to add a postback for every offer?

I had custom nameservers, so I had to make changes through the Advanced DNS Zone Editor on server side.

Think i'm good to go now though, thanks again Servando!

Just one question, when using Voluum with Peerfly can we set up a Global postback, or do we need to add a postback for every offer?
You can set a global postback with Peerfly.

It's in the left menu: Resources -> Global Postback.

In other networks just tell your manager and that should do it.

banners
Back