The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Vertical V/s Horizontal Design Sites

amit87

affiliate
Web Design is the most important phase as design is the beginning part of the process. I have seen various sites with many unique Designs.

Today i would like to know from the members over here what do you think about horizontal designs if compared with vertical designed sites.

The only thing which goes against horizontal design is

"It's not seen too much in the scenario and some navigation problem"

What do you all say about it. :D

Amit

Amit, what do you mean by horizontal and vertical design? Could you show me some example for better understanding?
Thanks

Amit, what do you mean by horizontal and vertical design? Could you show me some example for better understanding?
Thanks

Zoli i mean the structure of the design which we see on the web, vertical are very common but horizontal are rarely seen. An example of horizontal design is : The Horizontal Way - an horizontal showcase for horizontal scrolling websites. which is also a good resource of the sites which use the horizontal structure.

If your talking about what i think you are, then i go for vertical every time

Can you breif out what you are thinking. Is it the same thing for which i have given example above. :D

Amit

if you want to be different, then fair enough. BUT my dad won't be able to navigate this and he's not alone.

for example, off the top of my head: MediaMonks B.V.; allround multimedia bedrijf gevestigd in Hilversum / allround multimedia company based in Hilversum, The Netherlands - that's a very cool vertical scrolling site (which has now dated a lot since i first saw it a few years back).

even those that are clued about web are likely to think "these guys are great and very creative" -- but could they be _too_ creative and quirky, are they likely to understand the corporate needs of my business / commerce - i dont want my site to be another "infernal machine" (google it). on the other hand, if i wanted to create something that appeals to online gamers or social sites, then sure... it's difficult to see they worked with clients like tomto, microsoft / msn and so forth. but they can afford this look, they have a reputation and a client base that is more than enough to not care about new trade picked up online.

in other words, if your goal is to draw people and gain business via your website, you'd need to be more than appreciated by other web designers. go with what is expected and works, and devote more time on your seo/strategy than the fancy bits you can add later. my two cents anyway...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you amit for the clear example. As far as I need to validate my designs for about 5 browsers with the nested versions I need to make accessible every content for EVERY user. Of course if I would target for instance Webdesigners or other techy segment I would try to use horizontal sliders, for now I stick to the common one.:yes:

bit can say on this...!

i am listening it 1st time can you explain in detail.

For you I can say is [FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']"Designers have a great eye for each project."[/FONT][/FONT][/font] :hammer:
In order to further fine tune the pages and keep them user and search engine friendly, the architecture of the website, including its internal link structure, navigation etc., are also suitably modified for human beings and search spiders to nevigate through whole website pages. Search spiders then can scan all necessary data about the whole site and store in engines' data base. A good navigation systems imparts excellent experience to the users and they tend to visit the site again and again. This a sign of good achievement. :dancing:

Japan Web Design

MI
Back