The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Using dollars or pounds??

mutchy

affiliate
Ok so Ive done my research on how to start . What approaches to take. How to choose my niche etc etc. there was one question still unanswered and that was...: when I choose my affiliate network do I set it up for dollars or pounds. I'm from the UK. I've listened to many podcasts tutorials etc where other internet entrepreneurs from the UK all refer to dollars. So for example amazon.com or amazon.co.uk. Obviously the Dollar is used more globally. Just something that's been on my mind?

Thanks

M

Ok so Ive done my research on how to start . What approaches to take. How to choose my niche etc etc. there was one question still unanswered and that was...: when I choose my affiliate network do I set it up for dollars or pounds. I'm from the UK. I've listened to many podcasts tutorials etc where other internet entrepreneurs from the UK all refer to dollars. So for example amazon.com or amazon.co.uk. Obviously the Dollar is used more globally. Just something that's been on my mind?

Thanks

M

You can use your home currency if that available.. I dont think its a big issue, Cause either you choose USD or Pounds, Your main Earnings ( Amount ) will be converted accordingly..

You can use your home currency if that available.. I dont think its a big issue, Cause either you choose USD or Pounds, Your main Earnings ( Amount ) will be converted accordingly..

Right. To add on to this, there won't be much worrying needed on your end regarding this. When you are paid your earnings should be converted to your correct currency. If you notice it different within your networks dashboard, simply use a currency converter to see where you are at!

That's a pretty good question. In your case, I would go with GBP. You'll probably want to avoid any currency swapping fees that may (or may not) happen.

One interesting example that I recall was a few years back. John Chow was living in Canada and getting paid in USD, which he would convert to CAD. Why? Values. The Canadian dollar was worth slightly less at the time than the USD, so he ended up making more money by taking USD and just converting them over.

Pretty brilliant, that John Chow guy...

I'm from the UK and mainly work in dollars. If for example you get paid to PayPal, the equivalent is put in your account in GBP, then you withdraw to your bank, Whatever way you decide to go, you will always pay transfer fees and what not, so just pick what you are happy with.

for me i am working with $ but when i signed up with CPA networks from UK i ask to get paid by £ ... finally it's ur CHoice :D

banners
Back