The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Twitter

VisCodes

affiliate
I have read a lot on this forum and others about the benefits of using social bookmarking for serps so decided to put it to the test myself.

I recently created an RSS feed specifically to use with Twitterfeed which auto posts to Twitter.

This generates 20 tweets per day but after 6 weeks I have yet to see any benefit in terms of additional serps or backlinks.

Before I continue my social bookmarking experiment with ping.fm for example, has anyone seen any tangible benefit that may persuade me to continue?

Social bookmarking isn't some magic bullet, like much of IM you get as much out as you up in. Try out Digg before anything else, spend 10 minutes a day for a month adding friends and digging their stuff. I think you'll find that after a while, when you submit a story every couple of days it will get at least 20 digg's no matter what it is.

For getting lots of followers on twitter it is essential first, to follow so that, they will follow you back. Like this you will increase the no. of followers and it will result in good traffic and good source of branding your business.

I recently created an RSS feed specifically to use with Twitterfeed which auto posts to Twitter.

This generates 20 tweets per day but after 6 weeks I have yet to see any benefit in terms of additional serps or backlinks.

For getting lots of followers on twitter it is essential first, to follow so that, they will follow you back. Like this you will increase the no. of followers and it will result in good traffic and good source of branding your business.
Yes you want to get lots of followers. But just because you have lots of followers does not mean that you will be successful.

Social networking is a place where you build your reputation a place where you interact with your potential clients. When you interact you create relationship, when you create these relationships, you create business opportunities to share your products and services. This doesn't happen overnight. It takes time, consistency, and a genuine interest in the creation and nurturing of those relationships.

Last edited by a moderator:
Twitter adds a nofollow attribute to links submitted by its users. The “nofollow” attribute advises Google, and a few other search engines, to ignore the link. Some of these follow the links but exclude them from their ranking calculations (Yahoo!, Google); some ignore the links completely (MSN). The only known search engine that doesn’t comply with Google’s “nofollow” at all is ask.com.

banners
Back