The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Trying to get into push notifications

imystudios

affiliate
Hey guys,

Relative begginer in gambling aff marketing. i m saying relative bc i ve been doing it with some level of success for the last 6 months, mainly doing email + SMS blasts, and it s been working way better than I have expected.

As I ve started it to give an aditional boost to my income and never really tought of it as being a permanent job, so to speak, I ve been happy to go with just 2-3 traffic sources.
Lately I ve been testing some push not networks, with 0 success and a lot of frustrations. I ve set a testing budget of just $500, but i figured I should at least get my money back, considering that 90% of them would swear on the bible that they have 0% bot traffic. My problem and experience with them ( i won t name them unless somebodyu requests it via PM, bc that wouldn t be fair) was that they offer 100% bot traffic or the traffic just isn t there.

That being said, this is just a brief summary of what i ve experienced and most improtantly, what i understand from push notifications. At least for me, they equal complet scam.

I completely entertain the idea that i do not know even 1% of what push not are or what they could do, so this post is a cry for help from more experienced affs. I would like, if possible, to get some pointers, aff managers or networks contacts, and maybe some guides or tutorials from personal experience, on how to approach and at least break even.

Thanks in advance

Voluum has a great video on how to protect yourself from bot traffic and how to deal with it from our traffic sources.

Protect Your Ad Budget from Bot Traffic
Watch now to solve your ad fraud problems. Discover how you can identify and block bot traffic, and learn how you can claim a refund from your traffic source.

After this free webinar you will know:
  • What Voluum Anti-Fraud Kit is.
  • How to effectively use it to protect your traffic from bots.
  • How to get evidence for chargeback procedures.
  • How to use the metrics to identify fraudulent traffic.

Let’s see how to take full advantage of web notifications and use them to run a more effective dialog with your audience.

1. Lunch a welcome series.

99% of companies send welcome emails after a user has subscribed to their campaigns. This should apply to web push subscription as well. Right after a person opted in to receive your pushes, send them a welcome notification where:

• thank for subscription;
  • offer a small reward;
  • invite to visit the site;
  • tell about the current sales or upcoming events.
2. Use web pushes for urgent messages.

Web push’s design doesn’t require much editing – only one or two sentences with basic crisp information, meaning you can compose it in minutes. Use it to notify on unexpected changes, updates, latest news, transactional confirmations, etc.

3. Team up Web Push with Email or other channels.

Back up your email campaigns with web push notifications. In case the email delivery is failed or is delivered to Spam, a web push with duplicate content will ensure your offer won’t remain undiscovered.

4. Add dynamic content for better personalization.

All data on your recipients is stored in personal profiles on your marketing platform and is currently updated. When using dynamic content, you pull the necessary info via API, and apply it to the particular notification. This allows to create more relevant campaigns with geo-based offers, targeted product recommendations, loyalty program updates, etc.

5. Be smart with copywriting.

A typical web push contains 40-55 characters, so make sure you include all the necessary information in the most attractive way. To do so,

• be concise and direct;
  • use friendly and informal language;
  • use intrigue to heighten the interest;
  • manage to answer to the recipient's question “What’s in it for me?”;
  • use time-sensitive phrases to take advantage of FOMO (fear of missing out);
  • write a convincing CTA.
6. Figure out a perfect sending time.

Different types of notifications require different sending time. For example, a welcome push should be sent right after subscription confirmation; it’s better to send abandoned carts 20 minutes after a user left the cart without completing the purchase; the reminder about the unused promo code should be sent one or two hours before the sales expires; the webinar reminder is better to send 5 minutes before the start or straight at the moment of the start.

7. Set the correct time to live (TTL).

For more accurate scheduling, you can configure TTL (time to live) for each web push message. TTL is a period of time during which a web push can be stored if the user is not currently available for delivery. Unlike emails that are stored in Inbox and can be opened days after delivery, a web push won’t be sent after its TTL expires.

For example, sales notifications should have TTL that expires before the sales. The event notification (webinar, online workshop, etc.) should have TTL that expires before the end of the event. The last thing you want to send your audience is no longer relevant offers. The welcome web push, on the other hand, can have maximum TTL: your greeting would remain appropriate whenever people see it.

8. Use a simple promo code.

Many marketers believe that using a promo code in web push isn’t effective. The notification prompt is closed after being read, and you can’t come back to it and copy the code or click the link, as in case with emails.

However, you can still make it work out. Instead of ARTy-6734-YUI, enter a simple code that is easy to remember (your company name, short words or digits) and use, if people decide to give your offer a try.

9. Technical segmentation matters.

If you know the gadgets or operating system that your customers use to see your notifications, employ this knowledge to segment your contact base. Since browsers display web pushes differently, knowing the type would help compose better messages.

10. Give people a second chance.

Even if a user blocked your messages, explain how to opt in if they change their mind.

11. Send tests.

Although Web Push seems a simple channel with minimum error percentage, make sure you send test notifications before launching a campaign. The most common error is broken links or inaccurate sales conditions/expiry date, so make sure you double-check all the important information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Proof of 'Bot' traffic?
Not disputing your assertion but people toss out bot traffic with little proof other than no sales --with no attempt to analyze the forensics.

www.Ad-maven.com did automatically credit me for what they detected as bot traffic but none of the ClickBank offers I was promoting sold (as a test). Fair to mention --from another traffic source that was push also, I detected some 'botty' traffic --and nothing sold either using the same offers.

Take that as a statement of fact and not as an endorsement of any party.

We have lots of webinars on push traffic (with additional materials and guides.

You can download them via the links below:

[Webinar] How to run successful gambling ad campaigns in 2020 with push traffic
[Webinar] Betting on push ads. How to run like a PRO
[Webinar] Sweepstakes for Affiliates: Win-win game
[Webinar] Gambling Ad Campaigns for PROs: Make A LOT MORE ROI on push traffic

Also, you can register for our Onboarding webinar and be online with our expert Anastasia. She will teach you how to set up a campaign at RichAds. Register via this link

Also, now you can spend $200 and get a $200 bonus from us (it's our Birthday offer). Here are details: RichAds

Register and test our traffic, and our managers are always eager to help :)

7. Set the correct time to live (TTL).

For more accurate scheduling, you can configure TTL (time to live) for each web push message. TTL is a period of time during which a web push can be stored if the user is not currently available for delivery. Unlike emails that are stored in Inbox and can be opened days after delivery, a web push won’t be sent after its TTL expires.

For example, sales notifications should have TTL that expires before the sales. The event notification (webinar, online workshop, etc.) should have TTL that expires before the end of the event. The last thing you want to send your audience is no longer relevant offers. The welcome web push, on the other hand, can have maximum TTL: your greeting would remain appropriate whenever people see it.
One of the best pointers. Also, make use of advanced functions such as yes/no buttons, polls and video where possible. But don't overdo it or you'll lose subscribers incredibly fast.

Think about which domain name(s) you'll collect subscribers on, as well... it tends to work out better if you spread them around

MI
Back