The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

TRUST IN AFFILIATE MARKETING

ben67

affiliate
MY QUESTION AND STATEMENT IS THIS. IS THERE ANY WAY TO TRACK YOUR AFFILIATE REFERRALS ON YOUR OWN AFTER THE CUSTOMER HAS LEFT YOUR SITE TO COMPLETE THEIR PURCHASE ON THE AFFILIATOR'S SITE? I THINK THE ANSWER IS NO. SO WE ARE SUPPOSE TO SIMPLY HAVE TRUST THAT YOUR AFFILIATOR WILL REPORT THE SALE TO YOU AND GIVE YOU COMMISSION? I RUN MY BUSINESS ON WHAT I CAN SEE AND VERIFY MYSELF AND NOT "TRUST". WHY DON'T AFFILIATOR'S SUCH AS AMAZON LET YOU MANUALLY PUT YOUR CUSTOMER'S ORDERS IN FROM YOUR SITE THAT WAY YOU CAN 100% TRACK YOUR REFERRALS. IT JUST SEEMS TO EASY FOR AN AFFILIATOR TO SIMPLY NOT REPORT SOME OR MOST OF YOUR REFERRALS. I WROTE A DIGITAL INDIE BOOK ONCE AND FOUND OUT THAT MY SALES WASN'T BEING REPORTED TO ME BY A COMPANY THAT I HAD POSTED MY AD ON. THIS WAS A SITUATION WERE I WAS SUPPOSE TO "TRUST" THEM TO REPORT THE SALES TO ME. THERE NEEDS TO BE A BETTER WAY TO TRACK YOUR AFFILIATE COMMISSIONS OTHER THAN BEING REDIRECTED AWAY FROM YOUR SITE TO COMPLETE THE PURCHASE AND BLINDLY PUT YOUR TRUST IN THEM THAT THEY WILL REPORT YOUR COMMISSION TO YOU FOR THE REFFERAL. ANY THOUGHTS?

WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING IN ALL CAPS?
Lose the CAP's dude -- it's rather rude to do a whole post that way ...

With affiliate marketing comes the pink elephant in the corner of the room; accountability and transparency -- that is a legitimate question.

And yes there is a way -- using a hyperledger and blockchain consensus.

To make this easy to understand;
  • all participants in the transaction can see the *books* of their transaction (that's the blockchain part)
  • a smart contract (that's the Hyperledger part) controls the cash flows so there can be no shaving or cheating
  • there is a consensus of each step in the transaction and it is recorded to the blockchain (like a public ledger book)
This is not available right now --but it will have to happen eventually.

There are problems with cross domain purchases
  1. PCI-DSS security for one -- google that
  2. see above ^
With some digital currency this could be done because of the finality of a transaction.
Credit Card transactions are subject to chargeback for 90days to months (6?) after the initiation of a chargeback -- that's why ...

WELCOME ABOARD BTW!...
thumbsup.png

Last edited:
One way to track conversions would be to use some sort of third party tracking software. Retreaver - A call tracking company i work for - Provides dedicated numbers that are dynamically placed on your pages, when a prospective customer appears on your landing page and fills out an optional form, we can associate and track that clients information throughout the sales process, even controlling how and where that phone call gets routed to.

When a call is picked up by a buyer, it records the call and can trigger the conversation ratio you set. At any given time you can view a report of all your campaigns, numbers and calls to see which calls were converted and so forth. This is just the surface of whats possible when utilizing a call tracking platform.

This was a very basic explanation of call tracking services, your solution might not require it if you operate outside of phone sales. If you have any questions about call tracking PM me il be glad to help out

track what?
shave a sale you (or any other tracker) will never detect it ... it's not posted back as a sale.
you are missing the point ...

If it's PPL (lead) based on time Maybe -- but that is not a sale ...

Too bad this is ALL CAPS :D
However, he is saying what rarely is said -- I am sure these thoughts are in many peoples minds ***

banners
Back