The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

tracking questions?

schleprock

I am seeing wildly different counts from my tracking software (ClickMagic) and my native advertising company (NativeAds). THey are claiming more than 10x the number of hits Clickmagic is reporting.

I expected to see some fake stuff from them but this is crazy, unless ClickMagic is a little more aggressive than it should be.

I will say this for ClickMagic, it backs its numbers up with IP addresses and other useful information. It is pretty credible from my "new guy" perspective.

32 clicks paid for from NA
3 unique and 18 fake clicks per ClickMagic
Google anylytics says I had a total of 26 users.

those are 12/12/16 numbers

Anyway, is ClickMagic as credible as I think they are? Do the numbers look right?

And

I know that some people use htaccess to stop some bots from crawling their site. Can I use it to stop bots from crawling on my site. Will it work in the situation below?

I use ClickMagic to track what is happening on my articles that have affiliate offers on them. Today I received more fake clicks than real clicks. Of course, Native Ads is charging me for all of the clicks whether they are real or not.

Why would Amazon crawl my site, I don't have any Amazon offers on my site, but I still have to pay NativeAds when they crawl on it.

I also have "servers" crawling my site. Why would they be crawling my site. Who are these people:
ColoCrossing
Turnkey Internet
Contina

There were more "servers" that is just an example of automation tools who don't seem to have any reason to be there.

They are all visiting and costing me money. Are they using server resources when they visit too.

• Is there a way for me to stop some of this stuff.
  • Why would any of them bother to visit, there is nothing for them on that page
Thanks for considering this question

(the above are a combination of questions I asked on BHW, no one would answer them)

Have you spoken with a support team with ClickMagic? If they have any sort of bot filter, then you could figure out from them how to switch it on. Everyone deals with fake clicks, but certainly not this much.
-Alex

I understand your pain. So, at GlobalNetwork (dot) pro we have some additional filters to block Datacenter IPs, Anonymizing VPN services or Public proxies, etc.
screen5.jpg

banners
Back